Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Speakers But No DVD Player

• 05-01-2006 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

I had a samsung surround sound system but the laser broke and its gone. I need a new dvd player with the inputs in the back. Does anyone know where I could get one?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What's the make and model... and what's broken. A surround sound system is the speakers. I'm asuming the built in DVD player is broken?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭J2DaC

Its a samsung HT-EV100 dvd player. And its completely unrepairable.

What I was trying to say is I need a system to replace this dvd player because the previous one broke and I want to make use of the surround sound speakers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

what type of connectors are on the speakers.

Is it a system where one cable go's to the sub woofer and then the 5 channel speakers go from the subwoofer or do all the speakers terminate at the rear of the dvd player?

Do the speaker terminations look like RCA connectors?
    rca.gif

or are they straight wires where you have to press a plastic clip to connect them?

Yeah they all go into the back of the DVD player. Thanks for replying.

J2DaC wrote:
    Yeah they all go into the back of the DVD player. Thanks for replying.

And how are they terminated, you may need read my last post (edited)

• Advertisement

Yeah there plastic clips that go into the back. Missed that part!

So actually what you have is 6 speakers, no amp and no DVD player. There's a couple of things you could do.... Buy a DVD player with a built in amp. Or buy a seperate DVD and Amp.

TBH, it might be cheaper and/or Easier to buy an entire new system. (DVD player, and seperate Amp and speakers)

John

NO, all I need is the DVD player. There has to be someone who has one, because i have really good speakers and want to make use of em'.

Is the amp the subwoofer btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If all the speakers are plugged straight into the DVD player then the amp is in the DVD player. So if you want to replace the DVD player you will either have to get one from the same set second hand, fix it or find a DVD player with a built in amp that has the right power output for the speakers, but doesn't come with its own speakers (very unlikely)

Well if you're going to be aggressive and not listen to the advice I gave then I won't offer it. I basically said what Ciaran said above.

John

• Advertisement

Lump wrote:
    Well if you're going to be aggressive and not listen to the advice I gave then I won't offer it. I basically said what Ciaran said above.

John

Sorry man, I didnt mean to sound rude. Is there any real chance for me to find another one? damn.

you could try ebay, but if i were you id get a decent amp and dvd player.

Or if thats dearer than getting the whole system again, then get it and flog the speakers off somewhere.

Or get a newer model, check the specs and use the dvd player from it
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/105218/art/samsung/ht-p10-divx-5-1-home-cine.html

How much did you pay for your system originally, because it looks about a year old if not more.

I doubt you'll find one that has the same Amp built in. It needs to be rated for the spears you have, and as technology has advanced since you bought it, I'm assuming over a year ago (Otherwise it's in Warrenty) then you'd probably get a better system, cheaper and easier.

John

Advertisement