Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Number plate anti-camara coating;

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Does anyone think the Garda trolls this thread?:v: :v: :v:

You're new here so you mightn't be aware that several regulars in this forum are Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Litcagral wrote:
    Are they possibly contra-flow bus lanes? I'm not familiar with the road in question.
    No, they're regular nearside with-flow buslanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

murphaph wrote:
    Note that ALL the bus lane signs on the New Ongar Distributor Road are incorrect, refering to offside bus lanes (I've never seen one in Ireland!). They didn't respond when I wrote to them about those.
    By offside, I presume you mean "busses drive on the right"? Contra-flow bus lanes would be covered by this.
    Litcagral wrote:
    Offside bus lanes - I've heard it all now. Must make the positioning of bus stops a bit awkward!!!!! I think they have them on the M4 going into London.
    Apparently it drives Terry Wogan mad. :D Essentially it was put in place to keep general traffic from weaving between two junctions where there were changes un numbers of lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

murphaph wrote:
    Note that ALL the bus lane signs on the New Ongar Distributor Road are incorrect, refering to offside bus lanes (I've never seen one in Ireland!). They didn't respond when I wrote to them about those.
    Victor wrote:
    By offside, I presume you mean "busses drive on the right"? Contra-flow bus lanes would be covered by this.
    No they wouldn't. Generally (and indeed as written into the legislation) a "bus lane" means a with-flow bus lane. On the other hand, a contra-flow bus lane is always referred to as such and the sign is different to the sign for an offside bus lane (see link below).
    9. (1) Traffic sign number RUS 028 or RUS 029 shall, in association with traffic sign number RRM 023, indicate a bus lane and traffic sign number RUS 030 shall, in association with traffic sign number RRM 023, indicate a contra-flow bus lane.

The council have erected RUS 029 signs, which indicate an offside bus lane (not contraflow, which can be seen beside it).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ah, so its like the tram lanes on the Naas Road then. Central bus lanes are also proposed on the main avenue for the North Fringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I don't know about this "coat" that you apply to the reg plate, but recently I have seen plaes that have invisible lettering that only appear when light is shined on them. As in, during the day, the plates look normal, but at night, when you pass them with your headlights, lettering appears and you cant make out the reg number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

unkel wrote:
    You're new here so you mightn't be aware that several regulars in this forum are Gardai

are you serious?? theres Guards here???
    so , if you were to admit to some "imginative driving" could they track you down?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

C_Breeze wrote:
    so , if you were to admit to some "imginative driving" could they track you down?

YEah, they'd sniff your IP and before you know it you'd have dogs outside your house barking and undercover agents about to kick your door in.

Oh no wait, that was a dream... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

C_Breeze wrote:

Oh yes 'C Breeze'. We are very aware of your 'imaginative' driving. Our Tango-Alpha units are watching your every move. Next time you're leaving college look out for the unmarked Laguna from our colleagues in Hotel-Charlie and on the M50 look up and you'll see Alpha-Sierra, our 'eye in the sky' monitoring your progress. We have reason to believe that you are intending to install a speed camera detector and coat your registration plates with an illicit substance possibly contravening several sections of the Road Traffic Act.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.........

Advertisement