Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pete Townsend reportedly going deaf

• 05-01-2006 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

From too much loud music in studio headphones.
    He anticipates difficulty at future gigs particularly if Missingmen play support.
    Stage manager: "Who's on second"
    Pete: "What?"
    Stage manager: "Watt's on first"
    Pete: "What?"
    Stage Manager: "Yes"
    etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

...Groan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

he's been in the game for a while now. not too surprising. i think i'm going deaf too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

doesnt he only have good hearing in one ear anyway.too much explosives in a bass drum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yep, on the Smothers Brothers show, it's hilarious. Moon thought it would look better on TV to pack in more explosives. Check out what the blast did to Townsend's hair in pic 9, it'll give you an indication of the force of the blast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

finally i know who the smothers brothers are!!!i was wonder who hendrix was harping on about on the LA Forum 69 concert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Moon ruptured Townsends ear drum that day. He has had promlems with his hearing ever since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Jeez Drummers on the telly these days are nothing like Keith. There can only ever be one. Ive always thought that not as many people in Ireland like The Who as say the u.k. I always thought it was something to do with the Union Jack jackets and guitars. Apparantly in the National Stadium in Dublin in '65 Townshend wore a specially designed tricolour jacket! What d'ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

perhaps we just have enough pedophiles in our own country without needing to import deaf has been rock stars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

As far as I know, he was sort of cleared of the paedophile charges. He said he was researching for a book, because he had been abused as a child. He told police that he hadn't downloaded any images, and that was true when they checked his hard drives

And he's claimed for years that his hearing's gone to **** because of listening to headphones, hasn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

He's had tinnitus for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Fozzy wrote:
    As far as I know, he was sort of cleared of the paedophile charges. He said he was researching for a book, because he had been abused as a child. He told police that he hadn't downloaded any images, and that was true when they checked his hard drives

And he's claimed for years that his hearing's gone to **** because of listening to headphones, hasn't he?

to be honest, i wonder if you gave them that excuse without being a big time celebrity would it hold any water....

if michael jackson had just been an ordinary joe soap black man he would have been in prison married to the man with the most ciggarettes before you or i could say "billy jean" imo....

sorry for taking this thread off topic by the way - and i have no axe to grind against pete townsend.

back on topic - this shows just how important it is to take care of your ears! you can get custom earplugs fitted that reduce all frequency levels by a comfortable 15 db without impairing clarity at all - i'm saving up to get a pair fitted for when i dj... i already have bouts of severe ringing and want to stop the decline before its too late...

Advertisement