Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to cancell my IBB service?

• 05-01-2006 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

NiSmO wrote:

Surely the best answers to both your questions will be obtained by ringing the companies concerned?

I do not wish to appear unhelpful but otherwise you will only get speculation on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭J2DaC

My friend had the same problem with IBB. Thats very bad business for them. He was getting around 10kb/s download! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

You have a contract that they could tie you too or make you pay the difference until it expires. But, if you have a logged support ticket and it's not been resolved you can break out without penalty as they are not meeting their obligations.

I cancelled yesterday, but it was after 14 months.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

NiSmO wrote:

I have the same problem with IBB. I am, on average getting less than 30k download speed. On Christmas morning I tried it and I got over 300k, but that was a once off as nobody else was online I presume. IBB support is a waist of time. I will be cancelling as soon as I get another BB connection in place.

I would not recommend IBB to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Just Have prove that they are breaking the contract by going under the contention Ratio... If you can show that....ie screen shots they have no legal binding as they have broken the contract by not supply the service within contention ratio... Also i would advise cancelling your Direct Debit as they took money out of my account 6 weeks after my contract ended with them which i am still trying to get back. If they say you have to pay the outstanding money, tell them take it to court as your not paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I'd never recommend ibb to anyone. Ever since the alleged upgrade from 1mb to 2mb my connection has gone to hell. The only time I would get anything that ibb would consider to be a 1mb (don't even mention 2mb) connection would be at 5am, the rest of the time it's marginally better than dial up. The awful part is it costs e50 a month. I was told it could be a year before smart and ntl hit my area, and eircom are in no hurry to fix my line so at the moment ibb is our only option.

Has anyone noticed on the monthly invoice, that the original Breeze 1mb package (that was upgraded to Breeze 2mb over the summer) is still being called Breeze 1mb and being billed at e48.50 a month but it should be called Breeze 2mb. I've tried calling and emailing them but as usually no answer, to complain that my connection is barely 1mb but I am paying e10 extra a month for a 2mb connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Nephew wrote:
    I'd never recommend ibb to anyone. Ever since the alleged upgrade from 1mb to 2mb my connection has gone to hell. The only time I would get anything that ibb would consider to be a 1mb (don't even mention 2mb) connection would be at 5am, the rest of the time it's marginally better than dial up. The awful part is it costs e50 a month. I was told it could be a year before smart and ntl hit my area, and eircom are in no hurry to fix my line so at the moment ibb is our only option.

Has anyone noticed on the monthly invoice, that the original Breeze 1mb package (that was upgraded to Breeze 2mb over the summer) is still being called Breeze 1mb and being billed at e48.50 a month but it should be called Breeze 2mb. I've tried calling and emailing them but as usually no answer, to complain that my connection is barely 1mb but I am paying e10 extra a month for a 2mb connection.
    I'm going through exactly the same sh!t! Only I'm paying €85 EUR a month... Since that "upgrade" my connection has been crap... I'm supposed to get 3MB up/down. I'm lucky if I ever get more than 400/500k... Useless...

And indeed I did notice that my invoice still said "1MB ~ 8:1 contention" even though now I'm on "3MB ~ 24:1"... I'm not even going to start worrying about that though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

hshortt wrote:
    But, if you have a logged support ticket and it's not been resolved you can break out without penalty as they are not meeting their obligations.

I cancelled yesterday, but it was after 14 months.

I think you will find the contract, like most contracts these days tie you down to a year but is so well written, that they cant actually break. "service is not guaranteed etc."

Howard had little or no trouble because he was 2 months outside of his contract. NTL will take at least 3-4 weeks to get it installed, between paper work etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Advertisement
Advertisement