Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor Wayne

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Haha, should have kept his trap shut!

Can't wait to see his "welcome" at Anfield now, although it may slightly improve his standing at Goodison, though only slightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

First I wonder how true this is? why would he bring it up now?

Anyway I don't think he will be too worried about his treatment from the Liverpool fans. Maybe instead of a phone they throw at him it might be a brick. Its only the Liverpool fans that get into trouble then. Don't see why Liverpool get so annoyed over him? he played for Everton(there rivals) and now plays for Utd. If he moved from Liverpool to Utd then maybe.

Is it because he is a Liverpool lad? if so then its sad

Its because he plays for United and supports and played for Everton. You can't get a worse combination (from a Liverpool fans p.o.v. anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

i was exactly the same, had a big smile on my face at half time and was texting all my liverpool buddies to laugh at them and then liverpool fought back i have to admit i thought they showed some balls in that second half and i knew when they equalised that they'd win, God it kills me to complement liverpool AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Big Nelly wrote:
    First I wonder how true this is? why would he bring it up now?

I'd bet my house on it not being true. Firstly, all PL players are told what to say and what not to say to the press and secondly, it's the bloody Mirror FFS. I can't understand why people insist on providing links from the Sun and the Mirror, they're rags, nothing more, nothing less!

B.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    I'd bet my house on it not being true. Firstly, all PL players are told what to say and what not to say to the press and secondly, it's the bloody Mirror FFS. I can't understand why people insist on providing links from the Sun and the Mirror, they're rags, nothing more, nothing less!

B.

That was my point. Everytime I mention Sun and that I warn people(see Pompey thread). Just posting a thread with a link to a rag like the sun/mirror should in all reality be banned from the forum because 99% of the time it will a story made up to try and sell papers(also the Hearld should be included here because it is worse than the sun/mirror from my point of view)

The Herald is bad, bordering on awful, but doesn't even come close to the awful Sun or Mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Its because he plays for United and supports and played for Everton. You can't get a worse combination (from a Liverpool fans p.o.v. anyway).

its the devil himself!

I'll never forget the "Could have been a God but chose to be a devil..." graffiti in Liverpool after he left for Man Utd. Twas brilliant.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I'll never forget the "Could have been a God but chose to be a devil..." graffiti in Liverpool after he left for Man Utd. Twas brilliant.

for me the moment that summed up the united liverpool rivalry was an interview with stevie g sometime ago. there was speculation he was about to leave and the reporter mentioned chelsea, united and probably a few others and gerrards answer was, "well i dont know about united".

classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Big Nelly wrote:
    Don't see why Liverpool get so annoyed over him? he played for Everton(there rivals) and now plays for Utd. If he moved from Liverpool to Utd then maybe.

Is it because he is a Liverpool lad? if so then its sad
    I don't think many Liverpool people are annoyed at him. I think he's a great player. If the story is true, it was just a stupid thing to say from him. He'll probably come out and say he was misquoted while on holidays in Spain by some foreign journalist:rolleyes:

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I don't think many Liverpool people are annoyed at him.

Watch the Liverpool v Man Utd game last season when Rooney scored the winner. If that ain't a kop annoyed at you then God help you if they are annoyed with you. They didn't even watch the football half the time but spent most of the time roaring abuse at Rooney.

Im not saying Rooney should of went to the crowd the way he did but still I think it was because he was young and the constant barrage of abuse from his own people so to speak prob got to him. Just watch the faces in the crowd after he scored to see if they are annoyed or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Big Nelly wrote:
    Watch the Liverpool v Man Utd game last season when Rooney scored the winner. If that ain't a kop annoyed at you then God help you if they are annoyed with you. They didn't even watch the football half the time but spent most of the time roaring abuse at Rooney.

Im not saying Rooney should of went to the crowd the way he did but still I think it was because he was young and the constant barrage of abuse from his own people so to speak prob got to him. Just watch the faces in the crowd after he scored to see if they are annoyed or not.
    any player who celebrates like that in front of the Kop will get that abuse...Rooney just gets it more cos he played for Everton. Ask most of the fans in that Kop and they'll probably all tell you though they wouldn't mind seeing him play for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

the same story was published in the summer, its just a reprint (slow news day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

astrofool wrote:
    the same story was published in the summer, its just a reprint (slow news day).
    Here's an article I found googling.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005590670,00.html

"2005590670" means it was the 90,670th article of 2005 in the Sun. :) Looking at articles close to that one it seems the Sun published it on Stephen's day. I'd say you're correct about it being first published in the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I dont really think that Liverpool fans 'hate' Evertonians.... There is a friendly rivalry among the two sets of supporters.

From my experience they 'hate' manchester united fans more. A city rivalry as such.... I would put it more down to him playing for united than being an ex-everton player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Liverpool and everton fans don't hate each other they have got a friendly rivalry. When it comes down to man utd and liverpool there is more hatred. As for the comments from Rooney, why would he bother himself to make them? There really is no need for him to have done this.

mchurl wrote:
    There really is no need for him to have done this.

i dont see what difference it makes. its not as if this is suddenly the reason liverpool fans hate him. and besides had him come out and said he was glad for the pool, few would have believed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

i remember seeing an article to this affect prior to the earlier pool man u game this season. me thinks its somebody muck raking in the mirror!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I dont really think that Liverpool fans 'hate' Evertonians.... There is a friendly rivalry among the two sets of supporters.

From my experience they 'hate' manchester united fans more. A city rivalry as such.... I would put it more down to him playing for united than being an ex-everton player.
    Most friendly local derby in the premiership and in the leagues tbh. Alot of banter and chants but nothing aggressive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement