Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aint it great when...

Options
  • 05-01-2006 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

...fantasic gigs pop up ???
    Howdy folks...it's been a long time since MK-II (popstar) & Ginseng played together, so in an effort to kick the year off on a good note...

mk2_poster.JPG

And it's payday...so you've no excuse !!!
    Hope to see ya'll there...
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

well...I think it's great !!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

kranog wrote:
    Howdy folks...it's been a long time since MK-II (popstar)

i recognised the username there, and was wondering who/where it was from. popstar! finally changed your name.

i still have your old demo around somewhere from ye ole temple bar days

Yeah...we changed the name about a year and a half ago...but we've been reasonably quiet on the gig front since then as we've finished the recording of new songs to add to this debut album release of ours in the coming months...
    I hope you can make it to the gig mate !!!
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I remember playing a gig when you were popstar about 4 years ago in the old Isaac Butt. Did yiz have a blonde attractive girl doing promotions for you at the time???

Sort of....that was Syb....at the time she was our singers girlfriend...she's since moved back to the states !!!
    What band were you in man ???

• Advertisement

Ooh that gig was a lowpoint! We were a band called Sarcosis. I aint sure if you're the drummer or not but I remember on the night bein told that I couldnt use the kit cos 'the drummer said!' It turned out to be the venues kit and I think a certain amount of **** hit the fan that night...fook it was nearly 5 years ago!

ah...I remember that....you guys were the sorta hendrix outfit...savage guitar player....I recall the problem actually being about the kickdrum pedal and your drummer wanting to use it and it was in a kinda dodgy condition as it was so our drummer got a little pissed, as in fairness....it happens all the time to him were another band's drummer didn't bring this or didn't bring that and normally he's the first to oblige, sometimes to his misfortune and something gets broken however that night he just let it get to him...
    But sure...five years ago...how do I remember this **** and yet I can't recall events from yesterday !!! :D
    Ye boys still kickin' the tunes out mate ???

Unfortunately not! Yeah, I was the drummer. We disbanded in Nov 2002. I think if we took a break from each other for a month or so it wouldve been different but hey! We supported Hawkwind in the Ambassador and stuff but wasnt to be in the long term...

That's too bad man....are ya getting something else together then or what ???

Ive been doin a bit o' travellin in the last year or two since the band broke up...jammed with a few bands but just wasnt the same. Imagine if you left Mk-11 (popstar)...just would feel weird. On my travels got mad into trad, not just diddleedyedye stuff but a lot of planxty! Unreal musicians, was thinkin of startin a group in that kinda mode. From Hendrix to Folkie eh? :D

• Advertisement

Folkie.....I dunno man....I'll reserve judgement, I'll be sure to go to the debut gig whenever that is mate....I'll be the one dancing a jig and gettin' locked with the boys....or the girls....whichever is more appropriate !!! :p

figured I'd bump this one back up to the top again !!! Hope ye can make it along !!!

Just letting you all know that The Murder Of Crows have been added to the bill...this will be a fantastic night...see ya'll there !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Where and when is the fantastic gig??

All I can see is a ****ty three piss poor guitar bands who are going nowhere fast and really should have given up a long time ago.

That's a bit harsh don't ya think....why can't ya just be my friend bitch ???
    To everyone else beside's Bandit....I hope ye can all make it....Bandit...I REALLY hope you can make it mate !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Well, I just see two really great rocking bands that are wearing out my iPod (MK II and Murder of Crows) and one I haven't heard too much of yet, but am looking forward to seeing.

Seriously, if you haven't seen MK II playing live yet, you're in for a real treat.

lookin forward to this...

Advertisement