Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Disconnecting USB

• 05-01-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭

Lads I need a solution to stop impatien Gob****es from just pulling out usb devices without stopping them first. I was thinking that if I could put a shortcut on the Desktop to the Safely remove hardware box it might help the Problem a bit, anybody know the name of the .exe that this uses ??

21/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

I read somewhere that doing that doesn't actually cause problems??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

jay-me wrote:
    I read somewhere that doing that doesn't actually cause problems??
    :rolleyes:
    you've never had a USB hard drive then ?
    not to mention that explorer can have a hissy fit if you whip the thing out from under it's nose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

:rolleyes:
    you've never had a USB hard drive then ?
    not to mention that explorer can have a hissy fit if you whip the thing out from under it's nose

ESPECIALLY if youre using Win2000 at the time...it just wont stop nagging you about it until you restart!:mad: !:eek: !

WinXP seems to have a more mature view on the matter and will only tell you to cop on once, in my experience, and shut up about it then.

The drives, as they are connected through USB, will be pre configureed for quick unplugging anyway...though I have corrupted data in the past by not waiting a couple of minutes for the drives to spin down properly before disconnection.

Advertisement