Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty pics in sigs

Options
  • 05-01-2006 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to turn off peoples signatures that have pictures in them? I'm sick of rolling down the screen because of horny little lads with girls in bikini's as there sig. Dont get me wrong, I love girls in Bikinis, and horny little lads, I feel your pain, I was once there too, but I dont want my co-workers thinking I'm a perv!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

joejoem wrote:
    Dont get me wrong, I love girls in Bikinis, and horny little lads

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

:d Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You can turn sigs off altogether (like I have!) or you can turn off images full stop. Both are available in the "options" section of your User CP.

Alternatively, if you use Firefox, you can download AdBlock and when you see an image just right click it and block it. You won't see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    You can turn sigs off altogether (like I have!) or you can turn off images full stop. Both are available in the "options" section of your User CP.

Alternatively, if you use Firefox, you can download AdBlock and when you see an image just right click it and block it. You won't see it again.

I would avoiid the adblocking of sig images in firefox however. If a person hosts an image relating to one of their posts in the same place as their sig image, you will miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I would avoiid the adblocking of sig images in firefox however. If a person hosts an image relating to one of their posts in the same place as their sig image, you will miss out.
    Not if you don't use wildcards, and block just that specific image.

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:
    Not if you don't use wildcards, and block just that specific image.

What he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Depending on how bad they are, you can report them on SIGPO.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

joejoem wrote:
    I dont want my co-workers knowing I'm a perv!

corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I must be one of these lads so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Sparky-s wrote:
    I must be one of these lads so :D
    he mentioned girls in bikinis, and tbh no one could ever complain about seeing elisha

he mentioned girls in bikinis, and tbh no one could ever complain about seeing elisha

Wayhey, see i knew she had a following.
    Creaming pants since last year :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

MrJoeSoap wrote:

How ironic that you have a big dirty image in your own sig then.

Oh, and we host your FM 2006 championships forum, and you brag about how you block even our ads.

Classy.

DeV, not in a good mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ah cheer up dev only only 344 days till christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I find it strange that females who are not covered up are dirty!!!!

Or maybe I'm just the strange one...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭J2DaC

What film was Elisha Cuthbirth in again?

EDIT::::::::

Oh yeah I remember now, Girl Next Door

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

J2DaC wrote:

and WHAT a film

J2DaC wrote:

Yeah, bring on more of that action.

Cuthbert btw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭J2DaC

Haha, yeah, damn she is fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

MrJoeSoap wrote:

/me adblocks MrJoeSoap's sig image.

• Advertisement

Bard wrote:
    /me adblocks MrJoeSoap's sig image.

Fair play, don't have sigs enabled meself so can't even remember what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

You dont have sig enabled yerself and yet those of us who do are subjected to a big dirty shels picture in your sig. lovely.
    me thinks that if someone has sig disabled it should turn of their sig as well.

i wish i could turn off dirty shels pics and leave the ones with the ladies.

Hmmm, how is it dirty? Its within the sig rules, if you have a problem with the sig rules take it up with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Scruff wrote:
    You dont have sig enabled yerself and yet those of us who do are subjected to a big dirty shels picture in your sig. lovely.
    me thinks that if someone has sig disabled it should turn of their sig as well.

i wish i could turn off dirty shels pics and leave the ones with the ladies.
    /me adblocks Scruff's stupid sig image. Should I care how many fictional computer game people you've 'fragged', ffs?

DeVore wrote:
    Oh, and we host your FM 2006 championships forum, and you brag about how you block even our ads.

Classy.

:confused: What?

I never said I block boards ads. Adblock only blocks what you want it to, and I don't want it to block the ads on boards.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

PMS ward paging Dr. DeV, you forgot your pills :v:

Clearly not in a good mood yesterday :) (as, well, directly stated).

i dont see any reason why anyone should adblock my image :D

oh and thanks to cult for the original, i just done a bit of editing on it :D

I have the same Elisha pic as you Sparky, as my picture in the Firefox "My Portal" extension. Fits perfectly and looks class!

http://myportal.mozdev.org/ if you haven't already got it. Good to use as a homepage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

DeVore wrote:
    How ironic that you have a big dirty image in your own sig then.

Classy.

DeV, not in a good mood.
    He said he adblocks images, not boards.ie's ads.

Adblock will block specific things, like if you click on someone's picture and click Adblock image you'll never see it again.

It doesn't automatically block all ads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Bard wrote:
    /me adblocks Scruff's stupid sig image. Should I care how many fictional computer game people you've 'fragged', ffs?

same could be said about why anyone would care about reading about your life in your blog and website.

Advertisement