Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something fun?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

kaimera wrote: »
    Bottles kids, bottles.

+1

Pints in the Stables are God-awful and everyone who's had one (and ought to be only) pint in there knows that fact. That plus the fact that they're served up in plastic cups far too regularly. Yucky!

Bottles ftw! Not only do you not need to worry about yuckiness, but they also don't spill all over the place. Although, I'll admit their VfM is questionable...

Kopparberg! Num-num! ;)

PS Is it obvious that I've just over a week before my FYP deadline and suffering a serious drought!

Mmmm, Kopparberg...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Jeez!

Bottles as a suggestion! Last time I was back I had pints and there wasn't anything wrong with them; altho it could have been pitchers of fosters we were chewing thru :-/

Pints aren't 'that' bad fs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Personally the vast majority of the time I was in the Stables during 3rd and 4th year I couldn't fault the quality of the Guinness and indeed last time I was down the pints were grand and I would be a commited Guinness drinker who likes good pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Bottle of the absolutely glorious Japanese beer, Asahi, is about €4.80 in Javas (500ml bottle by the way)... Not cheap, but it's infinitely better than anything else I've had on campus in ages!

Much recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mossin wrote: »
    As for the head disappearing, I have seen that happening but it often doesnt take away from the taste just the appearance. If you know the staff in there they treat you well and take a little extra care with your pints. Seeing someone come in and have one pint and cocking their nose isnt the best way of doing that tbh. Maybe try having a few and getting drunk in there!!
    Tbh, being a regular shouldn't be a requirement for the bar staff to pull a good pint. Experiences, such as cson's and mine (every pint I have had there has been crap. see-thru guinness = teh ghey) are not the only one's, and you're the first person I have come across that praises their pints.

P.S. Here's a tip. Add a pinch of salt to your pint will make the head last longer, is small enough not to change the taste, and gets you slightly drunker. FACT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Tbh, being a regular shouldn't be a requirement for the bar staff to pull a good pint. Experiences, such as cson's and mine (every pint I have had there has been crap. see-thru guinness = teh ghey) are not the only one's, and you're the first person I have come across that praises their pints.

P.S. Here's a tip. Add a pinch of salt to your pint will make the head last longer, is small enough not to change the taste, and gets you slightly drunker. FACT.

You are right, being a regular shouldnt matter, but it can help.
    I never claimed all pints are perfect in the Stables all the time, of course I have been on the receiving end of ****ty pints, as everyone has. But you get that in every pub, it doesnt mean that you shouldnt go back and drink more, or perhaps go to another barman for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Ok, any boardsies fancy a few pints tonight??
    I'll be in the Stables at about 10 o clock, I'll be wearing a blue Man Utd hoodie too. If anybody is still around do join me, and Petee dont be smart, I know that you will be out because I'm supposed to be meet up with you!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement