Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Telephone Exchanges, where are they?

Options
  • 05-01-2006 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it is a possible to get a list of the Irish telephone exchanges and their addresses? Also if there was a list of which number ranges belonged to which exchanges that would be cool too.

I'm looking to Map phone numbers to google maps and I need a good way of figuring out the number's locations. Exchange level accuracy is fine.

Any ideas?

cheers!

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Hi whizzbang , the best thing to do is call eircom if you are a business customer and have an account manager call them and ask for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

the Guru wrote:
    Hi whizzbang , the best thing to do is call eircom if you are a business customer and have an account manager call them and ask for the info

Hmm, might be able to get it through work, although I'm not sure it is information they would freely give out unless were going to pay them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I actually had that info not too long ago but I dont have it anymore

the Guru wrote:
    I actually had that info not too long ago but I dont have it anymore

ahh, did you get it from them?

J

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Wasn't there something like this in the front of each area's white pages phone book?

• Advertisement

zenith wrote:
    Wasn't there something like this in the front of each area's white pages phone book?

oh, thats and idea, I'll go and check that out!

Cheers!

J

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

You'll never get the addresses of a eircom exchange. Its considered a high security zone and you'll never find them unless you are really looking out for them. Or actually have business in them, like a LLU operator

TimTim wrote:
    You'll never get the addresses of a eircom exchange. Its considered a high security zone and you'll never find them unless you are really looking out for them. Or actually have business in them, like a LLU operator

Not really looking for the exact address, more like there is one in Enniskerry and one in South Bray type thing. I would imagine they should be reluctant to give out the exact sites, if we were ever invaded the first thing to be taken out would be the exchanges as one the comms system is down most defence becomes ineffective.

Advertisement