Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Speaker Volume on Nokia 6680

• 05-01-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway of increasing the volume on the Nokia 6680, when I am on a call and have the volume turned up as high as it can go, I find it very low and when in a noisy place I can not hear it at all. If I switch to loudspeaker I find it to loud.
    I would not consider myself having bad hearing and as a comparison I was using a 3510 a couple of days ago and its volume seemed twice as loud as my 6680.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

This may sound a bit stupid but you never know it might help.

I don't know of any way to increase the volume, but I do know that the speaker for handset mode is a bit strange. There is a very small hole for the sound to come out of and it is slightly off centre, you have to be very careful that the hole is directly over your ear or the sound will be rubbish, I have found this a few times myself - particularly when I hold the phone with my left hand, as the hole is off centre.

Sorry if this post insults your intelligence, but just trying to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭digiman

Don't worry I'm not insulted, I did notice that before but was still finding it a very low volume compared to other phones such as the 3510. Does anyone know if the latest firmware helps the volume in any way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i sort of have this problem too. calls are fine but its almost impossible to hear music or videos on the phone. i look like a freak permanently pushing the earphone into my ear on the bus. is there any boost option on it?

also, slightly off topic, but the only way i've found to make the flash stay on is to record a video. is there anyway to make it stay on like a torch besides making a video? i saw a symbian program that does it but it costs money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I find the volume on mine is really low compared with other phones. I thought it was the fake fascia I had on it, but I put back the original and it was the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

i found this problem too, i took it apart and put in a new speaker from a 3100 (same part) flashed it with the latest firmware and it's still v v low !!! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement