Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What You Think Of Thigh Boots?

• 05-01-2006 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

What You Think Of Them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

eh...great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

depends on the situation. they can be tacky when worn by a skank but if youre a goodlooking girl with good legs they look amazing, remember the pic of SJP in hers it was like a revolution. However thats the key you have to have good pins, no muffintop flesh pouring out over the top of the boot.... Eww I shudder at the thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭sarah lk

well i looking at a pair on ebay,very high up the thigh black leather with steel heels kinda stripper i guess lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

they look sh!te to me...sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nightwish wrote:
    they look sh!te to me...sorry
    y'know, I don't think I've ever seen you say something positive on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

rb_ie wrote:
    y'know, I don't think I've ever seen you say something positive on this forum.
    you arent looking very hard then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

If the girl is classy and sexy, they can look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nightwish wrote:
    you arent looking very hard then

Or maybe it's because there is so very few positive comments from you they have tended to go unnoticed?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Depends on the boots and the person really, but they can look great ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rb_ie wrote:
    Or maybe it's because there is so very few positive comments from you they have tended to go unnoticed?:p
    There are very few positive things to be positive about in here :)
    Now where did i leave my fake tan....oh yes....over by my dubees.

I have never seen somebody wear thigh boots, pic if you get some :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Well , if you think you can get away with them go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Go for it, if you've got the look and confidence for it. Or maybe they might be for indoor use only, good on ya, either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Nice lass + nice boots = winning combination!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Yep, they are class... pair will be winging its way to my gf for valentines... dont know what she has planned ..;) , but i cant wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Nice set of tights + nice set of legs + thigh boots = drool

(Not the ones with the furry leg warmers though!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i think they look awful and a bit tarty to be honest but maybe i just havent seen them on the right people. you'd definately have to have long slim legs to pull them off. my overall opinion would be no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Horrible tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's very hard but not impossible to pull them off so be careful! (That's pull off as in look good in them - I have no idea whether they're easy to remove or not!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They're fantastic! The ones witht he baggy ankles can be a bit bad-80's though :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I find the very hard to play football in ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sarah lk wrote:
    What You Think Of Them?
    ooooh no, I don't like them at all, I think they are very cheap and nasty!
    Just my opinion, but I have never seen them look good on even the most toned pair of legs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i really think its all about having the right legs.
    sorry to all the short arse people out there, but dont wear them.

if youre a size 6 and you are 6 feet tall, then they will probably look marvelous, otherwise, i think they just end up looking a little, er silly.

of course, it does also depend on wht you wear them with....

and on no accounts ever ever ever wear jeans tucked into boots!
    and never wear those rediculous boots with the fluffy fur stuff on the outside. my mother has been wearing them form the 60s.
    i refuse to believe they are fashionable!
    theyre horrible!

i cringe more than when i used to watch the office when i see a girl wearing those.

erm, anyway, back to the thigh high boots....

waders. good for fishing in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

here's one to get ya going..... Thigh Ugg boots....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ughhhhhhh, not ugg!

got my thigh boots anyway!!!bf will love them lol

Show us a pic of them ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Depends on the boots really.. I have a lovely pair of black soft leather knee high boots with a pointed toe and about a 3 inch heel and I think they look very elegent... However a friend of mines fella bought her a pair of WHITE playboy knee high boots with a huge soal (lapdancer style) and they are feckin rotten... we were turned away from nearly every club we approached the night she wore them...

*shudder*

Lol... I miss read the title.. I thought it said "high boots" not "Thigh Boots" Sorry.. No I wouldnt wear thigh boots... unless I was on the game :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

They remind me of pretty woman Julia Roberts wore them when she was being a prostitute!

I think they are grand as long as you are below a size 10!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i don't know what to make of you sarah.. i can forgive your bad typing and your iffy anti-foreigner threads on after hours on the basis that you wear thigh high hooker boots with steel heels and platform boots though...

the merest sight of a grl in boots, especially the really over the top stripper / lap dancer / coked up club chick / mad disco queen boots drives me absolutely wild... go and purchase!

[i know they're a bit of a crime against fashion, but thigh high hooker boots are beyond fashion. if you can get away with them, wear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Stay on topic, people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Wouldn't be a fan of them at all - remind me of Julia Roberts too when she played the prostitute in Pretty Woman, she didn't even manage to pull them off!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

In fairness I have to say they are excellent, providing the lady wearing them has some style and flair, otherwise they can be very dodging looking!

But on the right lady- Wow.

yeah i got them today!!!

Have you showed your boyfriend yet ;)?!

• Advertisement

which one??lol kinda single gal now again only meetin him for a few weeks

Oh right, sorry! lol

What colour are they?

black!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ahhh show us a pic :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

rb_ie wrote:

ignore her,shes goth,wtf do they know about style...theyv been wearing the same stuff for like 20years..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

It's very hard but not impossible to pull them off so be careful! (That's pull off as in look good in them - I have no idea whether they're easy to remove or not!)

Halfway through that sentence I thought we were about to see a new side to simu... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

Do not wear thigh boots with skirts, skinny jeans is the way to go.

wrong:
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/iegn/bootnightmare.gif

right:
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/iegn/thihi.jpg

Advertisement