Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trading Post

• 05-01-2006 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I hope this is ok to do? i think a post where people swap their records for what other people might have , persoanlly i have a copy of THK France i would like to trade , its still in the plastic, i hope im not braking rules , im sure there is a few people out there that have spare classics , who might want to trade for another , im sure there is some out there who would bite other peoples hands of with an offer of a classic, who needs ebay or hard to find ?

THK 'France'

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I agree and thinks its a good idea. I have bucket loads of records that I would gladly sell or swap but dont really have the time to start messing around with ebay to get rid of them. My next step with them was to go into Abbey and let Billy make me an offer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭tgordonx

true felix, but are u goin to get good value of abbey disc for ur records, i know il pay 4-5 euro for a tune in good nick, but if im buying 10-20 a bit cheaper cause of bulk , just state wat u got and wat i want in exchange or wat price ur looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i'll pay cash for any old jungle or drum and bass people have lying around

i have a load of drum and bass and jungle for sale , il have a list for u over the weekend if u want

wicked! i'd love to take a look at that! nice one! i'll pay a fair price for anything i like the look of [more than you'd get taking them to a shop anyway!]

• Advertisement

A lot of what I plan parting with would be more recent stuff, well around '99 - '02 and mostly house of varying varieties :) I do have some duplicate classics too from years ago - San Trancisco would be one of them. Will at some stage list all I plan to sell/trade. I am busy trying to catalogue my collection on discogs but it takes a while - been at it now for nearly 2 years, a tedious process!

a mate of mine keeps an excel spreadsheet of all his tunes and updates it every time he goes shopping and every time he gets sent a tune... i keep meaning to do likewise but.... with 1500 drum and bass records alone [before i start counting my reggae, hip hop jazz funk and soul and rock stuff...] it would be herculean effort.....

also i don't really have that many tunes i want to get rid of as such, i bought most of them for a reason and even the ones i wouldnt dare play in public to day for fear of falling foul to the jungle taste police are occasionally fun for a good old irony session... the ones i would get rid of [because i was wrecked when i bought them, or because i had more money than sense that day]

i have a LOT of tunes i pretty much never play but as a historian and a collector of the music i'm into thats all good to me...

Yeah cm, having read your post I probably wont part with those tunes now! I sold a good few nearly 10 years ago and I really regret it now, some of them I have since bought again on ebay etc and paid a lot more for them. I am on a classics buzz at the moment and thought maybe I'd get rid of some tunes for extra cash but I will most likely regret it. The other problem is space, they really are taking up a full room now so will have to come up with a storage solution. Anyway, with the exception of duplicates I think I'll hang on to my tunes :)

felix how much u want for san tran? is it in good nick?

The copy I will sell / swap (prefer to swap for something I want) is a white label in perfect condition.

• Advertisement

i have a spare copy of THK France, if that suits u , if not give me a few tunes u are looking for i might be able to sort u out

If you have any of these to swap, great, if not I'd go with THK.

Van Basten - Magnetic King
    Inspiral Carpets - Saturn 5
    Slack - Painkiller
    Cygnus X - Superstring
    Rainforest - The Last Rites
    Proud & Mary - Midijump (LOL, doubt anyone would have two copies of this :))
    Mikerobenics - Diadora

Cheers!

Inspiral Carpets - Saturn 5 ( i think i have this on two different records )
    Cygnus X - Superstring ( i have a spare copy of the orange theme tho)

The Saturn 5 tune has vocals in it saying "the world awaits" and a really nice synth sound, remix as far as I know as its not what they would have done (to my knowledge anyway). I have it on mp3 if needs be. Have the Orange theme, really want Superstring :(

Advertisement