Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good Adventure games?

Options
  • 05-01-2006 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Looking to get one for pc. loved the point and click type of monkey island etc. heard Atlantis evolution is good but cant get it anywhere. any ideas where to buy it or other good adventure games??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

have you played broken sword?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

leisure suite larry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Of recent games, i thought Fahrenheit (its on PC/XBox/PS2) was pretty excellent, although you'll finish it in a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Prince of Persia!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

SofaKing wrote:
    Of recent games, i thought Fahrenheit (its on PC/XBox/PS2) was pretty excellent, although you'll finish it in a weekend.
    Yeah... Fahrenheit took the old adventure game concept in an interesting direction.

Also be sure to check out ScummVM iit's an emulator that will let you play all the old classic point and click adventures many of which are now available to download for free legally, such as Beneath a Steal Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

such as Beneath a Steal Sky.

Now thats a classic if ever I've heard one. Also there's Rick Dangerous... Lemmings...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Yes must agree... Rick Dangerous was a classic that didn't get the attention it deserved. Must try it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

yes have played broken sword and not a big fan!!
    thanks for the replies but i think i've my heart set on a new-ish game as find it hard to go back to the graphics of the older games so i'll keep looking.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still Life, Farenheit and Syberia 1 and 2 are both very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

thanks guys.
    have looked at reviews of still life and like the look of it. any idea where i can buy it? ive tried cdwow, play, mx2, amazon etc. hmv or smyths have it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Still Life, Farenheit and Syberia 1 and 2 are both very good.

Fahrenheit was interesting. I thought the Syberias were snoozefests tbh; I didn't even finish the second one. Pity, they had a lot of potential (and lovely backdrops).

Might be worth having a look at Prince of Persia - Sands of Time. Dunno about the latest two, I haven't played them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Syberia 2 came out last year, that and the prequel(syberia surprisingly enough) are both excellent. The best adventure game is probably The longest journey, it's hard to find but well worth the time you'll spend finding a copy. Fantastic game. Also Grim fandango, classic Tim Schafer stuff, with some of the best characters in gaming.

You can get The longest Journey on the funcom website, and I saw both syberia games in one of the city center gamestops, but I can't remember which one. Grim fandango will be hard as hell to find a new copy of though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Beneath a Steal Sky.
    :) And it can be gotten via the Free Games Thread too i do believe. Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max are always good for a quick blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

boy_wonder wrote:
    thanks for the replies but i think i've my heart set on a new-ish game as find it hard to go back to the graphics of the older games so i'll keep looking.
    Fahrenheit is probably your best bet then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Crushingly slow Xbox load times aside, Broken Sword 3 is a whole heap of fun and, for my money, is a better 'adventure' game than Fahrenheit.

I don't know if it's strictly an 'adventure' game, but Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is also good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

ObeyGiant wrote:
    Crushingly slow Xbox load times aside, Broken Sword 3 is a whole heap of fun and, for my money, is a better 'adventure' game than Fahrenheit.
    It's got terrible loading times on the PS2 also. The PC version has none however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

You could try Psychonauts. Although it's a platform game, it's by lucasarts' best man (creator of day of the tentacle, grim fandango, etc.), so it's hilarious, and the puzzles are supposedly similar to adventure game style.
    It got eurogamer's game of the year.

Phoenix Wright is also an excellent suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Hey Boy wonder, as Monkey Fudge said you can play a lot of the classic adventures games through Scumm VM.

See more in this post here -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054870845

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

theres also an older game called omikron which was the first adventure game the makers of fahrenheit made, its a good bit deeper, and i liked it at the time, david bowie stars in it lol, so maybe check it out if you find it that is.

you could inhabit different people in the cities, was quite fun

Advertisement