Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shadow of the colossus & ico in february

Options
  • 05-01-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

sotc & the re-release of ico are scheduled for february 17th

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=132046
    c&vg wrote:
    SONY DROPS GIANT BOMBSHELL

Finally! Shadow of the Colossus gets a European release date and ICO's back out on the same day too!

12:13 If you don't know about Shadow of the Colossus yet then we pity you, you poor thing. Created by the team responsible for the woefully underappreciated but sublime ICO, Shadow for PS2 demonstrates the same beautiful aesthetic sensibilities and smothering atmosphere that made the first game such a massive cult favourite.
    While the game's been out in Japan and North America for some time now, Sony has finally announced that both Shadow of the Colossus and a re-release for ICO will hit European shelves on February 17. Just so you have absolutely no excuse for not checking out the games, we'll do that sentence one more time: Sony has finally announced that both Shadow of the Colossus and a re-release for ICO will hit European shelves on February 17.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Excellent. This is the only reason I'm considering buying a PS2 again (I sold my old one about 2 years ago). Of course, I'll wait until the PS3 is released and pick it up for small change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Ah....thankfully I have by special edition copy of Ico (artwork included) which I picked up in toymaster for €10 a few years ago :) Idiots.

SOTC is something I am waiting on though....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Where'd be the best place to pre-order this? Do Play ship before the release date for it to arrive on the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Where'd be the best place to pre-order this? Do Play ship before the release date for it to arrive on the day?
    yep.
    they'd usually ship a few days beforehand, so you might not get it until a day or so after the release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Thank god for my february birthday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

god bless my chipped ps2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

corblimey wrote:
    Excellent. This is the only reason I'm considering buying a PS2 again (I sold my old one about 2 years ago). Of course, I'll wait until the PS3 is released and pick it up for small change.

i think loads of people have the same thing in their heads now. but, you could shell out for a ps3 and play them on your new system alongside ut2007 and whatever else comes out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

i missed out on ico and shadow of collusus looks amazing should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Does anybody know if the re-release of ICO will be in the special edition box like the original (with the postcards)?

corblimey wrote:
    Does anybody know if the re-release of ICO will be in the special edition box like the original (with the postcards)?
    I doubt it. It wouldn't be special edition if it was ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Would you have had to have played Ico to appreciate Collosus I wonder? I've a Feb birthday too so this looks sweet.

Always annoyed me that Ico was completely unavailable - I wonder has it aged since its release or does it compare well to current PS2 games?

Be nice if they bundled them together as Im not laying out 100 squid thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

Would you have had to have played Ico to appreciate Collosus I wonder? I've a Feb birthday too so this looks sweet.

Well the stories are in now way linked so in that sense you wouldnt need to have palyed ico to apreciate SOTC. However, at least in my mind, this is the spiritual sequel to Ico, and id like to believe that it is indeed set in the same world as Ico, and that somewhere out there is Yordas castle...so in that sense im glad ive played Ico before getting my hands on SOTC :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You don't need to have played Ico to appreciate it. However there are subtle similarities that will have Ico players thinking if it has something to do with the Ico universe despite any solid connections. There is a theory SotC is a prequel but is based on pure specualtion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Will be getting Shadow, and if theres nice deals for both games in one pack prob get that. Will sony do 2 game bundle?

played a demo of ICO and it is quality, bit like the orignal Prince of Persia(PS2)
    pure quality.

Btw the Special Edition of ICO is worth a few quid these days with the cardboard cover and Postcards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Can't wait to get my hands on SOTC... I'm playing Ico at the moment (believe it or not, someone traded it in!), and it's beautiful.

Can't wait to get my hands on SOTC... I'm playing Ico at the moment (believe it or not, someone traded it in!), and it's beautiful.
    How much was the trade in worth and how much did you get it for? Enjoy it :D

Advertisement