Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vodafone problem......Advise please

• 05-01-2006 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

I moved to vodafone about 3 years ago as a ready to go customer. In september of 2004 i changed to bill pay and am still am on bill pay. About 2-3 months ago i upgraded to the nokia 6680 and signed an 18 month contract.

About 2 weeks after i got the phone it started acting up (crashing a bit, and turning itself off and on all the time), so i replaced it for another handset. About a month later it started happening again so last week i changed the handset again. Now ive been using this new handset for about a week and its started turning itself off and on again today so at this stage im pretty pissed off and intend on bringing it back and trying to get a refund or change it for a different phone.

But that isnt where my main problem is! A couple of weeks ago i noticed strange things happening with my network. I was having problems sending messages, my whole network would die and then come back repeatedly and this would go on for hours, phone calls were going straight to my voicemail even when my phone was on and i had reception, i also had some problems making phone calls, some texts sent to me where being delayed and some didnt even get to me.....a few friends got reports within seconds after sending my messages saying it could not be delivered to my number. Now as you can guess this has annoyed me greatly :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!

Ive have rang vodafone customer service twice, second time was last week and i was on the phone to them for an hour, i talked to 3 or 4 different people and they all said to make note of dates and times and sent me a test text and rang me also and both were successful. Now the second time i was onto them i gave them times of when it happened but they were completely useless. Each person i was talking to also asked if it was a 3g phone i was using (which means they must be having problems with them), it was happening on my 3g phone and also my 2g phone when my other phone was broken. What does everybody think? Im going to ring them again today or tomorrow, but if it isnt resolved in the next few days i want to move to o2 or meteor. Im sure vodafone will charge me for breaking contract? I will not pay any more money to the incompetent c*nts tho :mad:

Sorry for the long post/rant!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Check out your contract. If vodafone have broken it(not being able to use the core parts like texts, etc. is more than likely breaking your SLA with them) then you wont have to pay a penny.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

A very similar thing happened to me :(

You more than likely got a new sim card with the 6680?

I know I got a 6630 and a new sim card with it, had all the above problems with it and with the new sim card in a 2g fone (which I got free from voda for the hassle:p )

I got my sim changed and it fixed my problems

Voda kept saying it could be the 3G network, but the sim change worked

my .02

Cheers

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Cheers mate, will go in tomorrow and see what they can do. About a week after i got the phone and it started acting up, the guy in vodafone thought it might have been my sim card causing the phone to act up so he gave me a new sim, it was a couple of weeks after that, that all these problems started happening!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep,

I got my SIM changed twice!
    and got charged twice!! :rolleyes: - make sure they don't do that to you
    if it's faulty you are entitled to a free replacement card

mik

Advertisement