Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo II - Any fond memories?

Options
  • 05-01-2006 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I remember playing Diablo back in easter 1997 and I loved the random dungeon technique (ADOM comes to mind). Now I didn't played Diablo II before and I just picked it up on budget there recently and specs are simple to satisfy. Did Diablo II go further and did you like it better than the original? I look forward to it when I get the time to start playing it. I'm currently digging through Never Winter Nights at the moment! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Sound advice RopeDrink. I didn't get the expansion but I got the latest patch. Thanks for the tips. It will be awhile before I get to it. :D I'll start Never Winter Nights earlier this christmas and it's one hellva game. So are some of mods. Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i played it for donkeys, always online though. I remember in like a spell wher ei had the flu i got all chars to lvl 99 in like 3 days =D

It is a very boring game, rush game to last ball run, constantly do it over getting like 5 levels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ah those were the days, played it for yonks, finishing it a few times with different characters. Then i bought the expansion and within a week we got the internet (56k of course) and i spent 2 hours downloading a massive patch so i could play... damn the assassin was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Yeah, I heard online scumming and cheating nearly killed Diablo 2 off as it spoiling all the fun of online gaming. Why on earth would anyone want to cheat to get high level items because it would feel very hollow progress and all show. I remember years ago playing Ultima VII and virtually ignored my so called exp. points concentrating on what I was doing in the story inside.

Advertisement