Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local TV, City Channel, Channel 9 etc

• 05-01-2006 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

hey folks i have to do a project for college on local tv,the likes of city channel, channel 9 in Derry etc, but i don't have ntl digital or live in derry. so i am hoping to borrow your opinions.
    Just whats good, bad and what you'd like to see on local stations.
    Cheers
    Redz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

on the chorus channel, they did a great documentary on how the city (limerick) had changed and has evolved! although on the whole its sports stuff they show - Chorus Sports Channel!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

thanks limerick man, em, bump, i need critical opinions on city channel and channel 9 in derry please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If you can get ur hands on the Blizzard of Odd piece. Excellent.

www.rte.ie/tv/blizzardofodd

They should be taken off the air. That's what I would like to see. Waste of air time.

Thanks i saw that one, blizzard of odd is prob the best irish show on tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

city channel's not bad, i get the feeling that ike a lot of channels and radio stations they started a little too ealry, they weren't relly ready for it, they have some nice little shows not sure if the ywere one offs about dublin etc but they have so much filler, e.g the adrian barry phone show thingy terrible idea for tv, watch a radio show about malcontents whinging. other mistakes include these packaged docs they bought in, i was watching Motley Crue the real story on christmas morning. not exactly dublin or christmas buti didin't mind that much being a fan. i enjoyed some of the cookery programs, but they have a hard job with setanta, a lot of the more desirable local sporting fixtures are being shown there. overall i think they aren't doing too badly and have great potential only a good run of a year will let us properly judge everything

• Advertisement

Thanks J.R, your book on fly fishing is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

on the chorus channel, they did a great documentary on how the city (limerick) had changed and has evolved! although on the whole its sports stuff they show - Chorus Sports Channel!
    ya limerick really has improved (weve gone totally of topic here lol)

Advertisement