Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MMS problems...

• 05-01-2006 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Having a bit of trouble sending and recieving mms messages.

Am a meteor bill pay customer and have downloaded the settings a number of times.

Its a motorola v3... I cant send mms's. I can browse wap no problem.
    Some people when they send them to me it comes up "download pic" - I've never seen that before, and even when I do it doesn't work...

Anyone got their v3 working sending mms's? On meteor? Where did you get the settings. I entered them manually and dl'ed them from meteor to no avail.

Also if this doesn't work I want to reset my phone back to the day it was born... any way to do it without the security key which is at home at the mo? I can see a small "looks-like-a-reset-hole-but-maybe-it-isnt" hole? Is that one?

Thanks all. oooohhh... post number 300!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

make sure that you activate the settings after you download them. go into message settings and make sure meteor mms is the default profile. and i know its weird but i was doing it for someone before and downloading the settings would never work. then i put my sim card in and did exactly the same thing and it worked no problems. try and get your hands on a sim card thats done it before successfully. also a replacement sim can never hurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Should have mentioned that I used to be able to send them no problem... Until yesterday. Thanks for the advice tho... I look into swapping my bros sim in. Also am gonna do a master reset anyway, just thought I'd ask!
    also a replacement sim can never hurt
    It can when they charge for it!! the dastardly profiteers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I had the exact same problem as you mate, just before Christmas with Meteor, I had a thread on it in this forum. After a few days I got it working a few days later by downloading the Meteor settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's a Motorola. Enough said really.

What could be happening is that a message in the outbox is preventing others from being sent.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Hmm.. my sweeping generalisation would be "its on Meteor.Enough said really".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its on meteor AND its a motorola. i'm surprised there were any survivors :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

*.... sits looking somberly at his phone....*

Master reset... turns out that doesn't delete the MMS settings... Must be saved to the SIM card... WAP still working... Downloaded every setting from meteor and hellomoto.com.

Funny thing is, I have zero clue what I did to the phone. Was working fine up until the other nite. Didn't change a thing, and most of the time I'm sceptical when people say that to me, but I didn't.... So who knows. Maybe it'll magically sort itself out.

Advertisement