Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table saw.

Options
  • 05-01-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im looking to buy a DIY priced table saw. I was thinking of using it for cutting large sheets for use as wardrode doors and the like, so i need would with a large sized table.
    Any recomendation?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

oneillk wrote:
    Hi,
    Im looking to buy a DIY priced table saw. I was thinking of using it for cutting large sheets for use as wardrode doors and the like, so i need would with a large sized table.
    Any recomendation?

Try this forum, Woodcraft

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

I am sure Kadman and the wood craft forum will explain all the important details like different brands and blades etc.

One item to be very careful about is Insurance, I have a small table saw for general rough work but when my insurance company sent out an inspector (standard) he almost withdrew cover completely when he found the saw buried at the back of the work shop.

TBH the only way I got out of trouble with them was we had a 110 volt box that was not working, so we plugged the saw into the dead box to show it didn't work.

I took it home after that, they take table saws so seriously I am surprised that joineries can get insurance cover at all, so take care ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

was that on home or professional insurance pete?

surely they can't withold cover to a homeowner who owns some powertools that might be dangerous?

I know table saws are particularly nasty like but still. ****in insurance bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi John Boy,

Professional insurance, E.L and P.L. costing over 30 grand a year because of height liability.

I got a letter from them after the inspection "advising" me not to buy a replacement table saw.

What really annoyed me was the ordinary power saws are every bit as dangerous in the wrong hands but he never even checked the guards on them.

I suppose he found his fault and had something to report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

They refused to cover our (mine and my dads) tools on our farm insurance, "cos they get stolen a lot" why did they think we wanted to insure them.

makes me mad

• Advertisement
Advertisement