Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complete Region 2 Season 1 Box Set on CDWOW

• 05-01-2006 5:17pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭

Linky:

http://www3.cdwow.ie/detail_results_2.php?product_code=257799&subcat=region2

It appears to be the French release of the box set.
    Checked on Amazon.fr, and the discs include French and English 5.1 audio and French and English subtitles.

Reckon it's safe to buy and and switch to English without having to worry about unremovable French subtitles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Why worry about a french version when you can buy the normal US version?

Amazon page

There's even a guy selling it for €35 here on boards!
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054868818

Bear in mind these are both Region 1, you won't find a complete season 1 boxset that's R2.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭fitz

Sorry, have editted the title...it actually is a Region 2.
    I'm fully aware of the region 1 box set, just don't have a multiregion player.

Full region two box sets are available from amazon.de and amazon.fr

I think I'll probably get it from Amazon, as there's no audio or subtitle details on the CDWOW French version. It should be the same, but it'd be a pain in the arse if it wasn't....

Just ordered the Season 1 Region 2 box set from amazon.de
    Cost me €52 including delivery.
    Not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

I wasn't even aware it was released yet, but I saw both Season 1 Part 2 boxset AND the full Season 1 boxset in Gamestop on Wednesday for E75.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

The complete season 1 boxset is available from Xtravision stores on Monday the 16th for €74.99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Brando_ie wrote:
    The complete season 1 boxset is available from Xtravision stores on Monday the 16th for €74.99

Rip off if you ask me.

Is it anywonder why people turn to digital piracy? You can get the complete set much cheaper id say, this crowd did it in two lots just to get peoples money. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ye i work in Xtra Vision....Part 2 is out monday as well as the complete season,75 euro...far too steep,but still normal enough for popular boxsets in irish stores. it wont stop people from buying them though. was looking at it today,1,000 euro spent in our store so far on part 1 alone :p

Just to follow up.

I got the complete first series from Amazon.de
    All the packaging is in German.
    Put the discs in and the first screen is the language selection one, with English highlighted, so you just hit select and you're done, menus and audio in English with no subtitles. Perfect.

It cost me €52 delivered.
    €75 is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

bought season 1 complete(region1) from amazon about 2 months ago for 45usdollars delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'm a bit late to this. Just watched the first half of season 1 over the weekend. Now I'm completely hooke.d It helped that neither me or my girlfriend had heard anything about the series!
    I've checked CDWOW & Play. CDWOW have both R1 and R2 boxsets.

The R1 seems to have an extra episode (Exodus 3) but fewer discs.

Anyone any idea which is best?

• Advertisement
Advertisement