Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer shops in Cork City?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Fantastic guy has office in little island for collections;)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

blackest wrote: »
    pcworld is a rip off, same as maplin ok maybe a bit cheaper than maplin but neither can be recommended, currys next to pcworld is the same company but sometimes has stock when pcworld is out.

There must be some good irish stores somewhere which offer hardware at a reasonable price.

It would be worth making a list.

I'm looking for a powered usb 2 hub but i'm not paying stupid money for it.

I disagree, I have recently bought a core i5 pc there I couldn't have gotten any cheaper in Ireland, or online. When I looked around, I didn't see crazy prices. Of course, the HP computers cost too much, but that's more a problem with HP than with PCworld. Check their website, they aint that bad.

For low price items such as that usb 2 hub they might not be the right shop. Can't make any money on something that doesn't cost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

To be fair though id bet you could build your own PC with a higher spec for half the money PC world charged you.

Everything thing I have ever looked at in that shop has been at least 25% cheaper online.... I had to laugh at their graphics cards all old things and SUPER expensive prices.

Advertisement