Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Charging New Phone

• 05-01-2006 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Finally got myself a new phone-Nokia 6060 and the guy in the shop said that I should leave it charging for 10 hours! Is this true, i knew it was with the older Ni-Mh batteries but is it necessary for Li-ion? What are peoples views on this,

HK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Even for Li-Ion it's best to do this for the first one or two charge cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭the_viper2kie

Karoma wrote:
    Even for Li-Ion it's best to do this for the first one or two charge cycles.
    Wow that was bloody fast! Within the minute, cheers! Do other people agree, is this a good idea with all electronics...ipods laptops etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Yeah I alsways give a new phone a full charge overnight (switched off). I notice the Motorola E1000 I got recently only took a few hours. Overnight is when I charge as it's when I always have the phone off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well i got a motorola v3x of 3 for x mass and in the 3 manual it said to charge it for 2hrs and i did and it said charge complete but i left it for a good 6 hours after that
    better safe than sorry
    you only have to do it once so why not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Charge it for as long as the manual says to charge it. The new batteries dont have the same memory problem as the old ones.

I bought a w550i recently and charged it for a little bit longer than the manual said (like 4 hours instead of 2.5) and I get 5 days from it and thats with 2 hours of radio/mp3 usage a few phone calls and about 10 to 20 txt msgs a day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement