Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlestar Galactica, Season 2, Episode 11: Resurrection Ship

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If there are spoilers for the next episode maybe it should be moved to another thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

SPIDERS!!!! :eek:

ill have to get my mommy to hold my hand when i watch this episode so i dont get too scared........oh i seem to have entered that bad place again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I cant say amazing tbh, I watched Ep 10 just before to get me in the mood for Ep 11 and was expecting more from the viper confrontation, starbuck appearing was a bit of a cop out, in saying that its great to have it back!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Lads ye got it all wrong its not ginat spiders, captain picard kills her finally avenging ensign Ro larens being traitor to the federation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Thanks the Gods this evolved into a two-parter. Don't think it would have worked as well without it. It allowed for lots of great character building scenes, most notably those between Adama/Roslin, Helo/Chief, Cain/Starbuck. Really liked the resolution of the cliffhanger that "Pegasus" left us with too. It grabs on and doesn't let go until the standoff is resolved and then rolls the opening credits. I like the respect BSG shows to its audience in this regard. Star Trek used to be great for teaser openings but as the years wore on they got shorter and shorter and had less of an impact IMO.

Something I've been pondering since watching this episode: wouldn't it be logical to assume that the Resurrection Ship contains all 12 Cylon models in stasis? What a great chance for the Colonial Fleet to flush out the other Cylons! I know this would blow a hole in future plot twists but even to show D'Anna Biers would have been mindblowing to the Galactica crew at least. This doesn't seem to have been addressed or even speculated upon in the episode. Maybe a closer study of the recon photos at a later stage will reveal more perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Great thread guys'n'gals.
    In fact there's feck all left for me to add.
    But I will throw this in, if I was Michelle Forbes' agent I'd make sure that the person who fitted her for her uniform never works in Hollywood again. Surely thay could have gotten her a flattering Admirals uniform or even a regular uniform that fitted? Or is the ill-fitting uniform part of her character?
    To summarise: Very good if not quite excellent ep.
    What we need now, obviously, is
    more sex scenes, preferably featuring Starbuck, Six, Boomer and Cain at the same time. You know it makes sense. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Okay, this spoiler **** is pissing me off. Why do we need to have both current episode stuff and future episode stuff in spoiler tags? I've seen the current episode but I can't be sure what spoilers to read as I don't know if they're from future episodes.

"I'd love an orgy" is not a spoiler. Yeah you're trying to be funny, great. Can you be funny without spoiler tags?

And how the hell is "I'd love to see what the other cylons look like" a spoiler? Haruspex, you know who you are.

Can the mods just stick "SPOILERS for this ep" in the thread title and be done with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Stark wrote:
    Yeah you're...funny, great.
    What can I tell ya? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Stark wrote:
    Okay, this spoiler **** is pissing me off. Why do we need to have both current episode stuff and future episode stuff in spoiler tags? I've seen the current episode but I can't be sure what spoilers to read as I don't know if they're from future episodes.

"I'd love an orgy" is not a spoiler. Yeah you're trying to be funny, great. Can you be funny without spoiler tags?

And how the hell is "I'd love to see what the other cylons look like" a spoiler? Haruspex, you know who you are.

Can the mods just stick "SPOILERS for this ep" in the thread title and be done with it?

From reading the lost forumn steveland? has whopped a few arses over spoilerage.

*Spoilers* in the thread title is grand so people know not to read the thread if the haven't seen the show. So anything in the thread that is spoilered will refer to future events. Once its stated that its a future event spoiler then grand, we know not to look if we're not into spoilage of future ep's.

Well said stark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Gotta say - I've just seen ep11 and it was terriffic. Really loved the conflict btw the two ship commanders, loved the action between the ships and now I'm seeing how the whole story begins to pan out.

Damn - i've missed this show. I'm getting to see each ep now (from 11 forward) within a few days of airing thanks to some *cough* american cousins, so it's good to be back.

Plus - now we get to watch it all again on SKY1...excellent!

c0y0te

Advertisement