Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The theatrics of Managers...

• 05-01-2006 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

If Jose Mourinho worked in a call centre and acted the way he did, spoke the way he did, people would think he's a weirdo. Same for a whole basket of football Managers.

Do they act they way they do because "it's part of the game" and they're adding to the entertainment, or do they really believe in the character they've created for themselves? It's funny. Normal people don't act the way they do.

Any opinions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

You dont make a very good point. They are not normal people asuch. They are high profile figures with stressful jobs and are constantly in the public eye...you cant compare them to someone in a normal job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Jose is the "Special One" though!

Seriously though he's just a confident guy who's good at his job, confidence is a great thing to have in soccer it can strike fear into your opponents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

i dont know if they are that different from normal people, they act so passionately because of the amount of money that is at stake and to maintain their reputation in the game, sometimes it backfires on them, it is their livelihood after all, i mean i've had alex ferguson type bosses and Mourinho type bosses in work, thank god i havent had souness yet (incompetent git)
    a managers job must be quite tough though, a good portion of your playing staff will earn more money than you, how do you maintain loyalty, respect?

Advertisement