Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1996 Golf gti:What's it worth?

Options
  • 05-01-2006 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if someone could give me a rough idea on how much a 1996 Golf gti with 72k miles, is worth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

is that the 2ltr engine with about 10bhp???

id say youd have trouble shifting it and wouldnt be worth that much.
    the insurance and tax premium just isnt worth the cars actual power figures.

have a look on carzone.ie to get some price guides

edit: sorry that should be 100bhp

10bhp, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

C_Breeze wrote:
    is that the 2ltr engine with about 10bhp???

id say youd have trouble shifting it and wouldnt be worth that much.
    the insurance and tax premium just isnt worth the cars actual power figures.

have a look on carzone.ie to get some price guides

sounds like it alright, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

8v or 16v? depending on which it is could be worth 4-6 grand, mileage is good

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Buy and sell:

VW GOLF GTI 1996 2.0 8V 3DR E/W P/S C/L A/C F/S/H 150K NCT,D 10/2007 TAXED 12/05 MINT COND INSIDE OUT €2,950 PH 087 2864144 OR 087 2688300. view at www.crossgunautos.com

That's a dealer, so you could haggle and you'd get a warranty. The mileage is a lot higher though. Gives a good indication. You might get €3.5-€4.0k or a bit more if it is a 16v in a private sale if it is a minter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

RuggieBear wrote:
    I was just wondering if someone could give me a rough idea on how much a 1996 Golf gti with 72k miles, is worth?

Depends on the condition and the history with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Unfortunately the MkIII or MkIV Golf GTi never realy lived up to the reputation set by the MkI or MkII GTi, VW seem to be back on track with the MkV GTi though.

Anyway the MkIII is not as desirable as say the previous versions so depending on whether it is the 8v or 16v, condition and service history I would guess that an 8v is worth about €2.5k, a 16v might fetch just over €3k.

I do stand corrected though as there are people out there who are looking for these cars and are willing to pay a bit extra for the right one.

Advertisement