Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver connection

• 05-01-2006 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Can anybody help me? Every night my clicksilver connection disconnects. In the morning i have to access the modem to reconnect. It is infuriating , especially for herself to explain how to access the modem etc. I have contacted them and they say its normal. Its not I have a BT connection in work which never goes down. Is there any prog I can get to get the modem, Creative DSL Router, to reconnect automatically?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Look for a setting in the modems config pages "connection type" or something similar. Make sure it's set to "Always On" instead of manual.
    You're right, it's not normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Are you sure it's every night - and not every second night? Clicksilver disconnects every 48 hours by default, but as the kaizer says, your modem should be set up to reconnect automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If it's a disconnection every two nights then it's normal as they say. They perform a very short disconnect every 48hrs to renew your DHCP lease and reset the port in the exchange for accounting/monitoring purposes. I use a proper hardware router which will stay up without a host PC being there.

Have you got that modem/router connected over USB or Ethernet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

It could be every 48 hours. I have a smc router connected as I have several computers on the network, ethernet. I still cant find a way of automatically reconnecting. I accept they have to disconnect to check usage etc but it should reconnect itself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Pataman wrote:
    It could be every 48 hours. I have a smc router connected as I have several computers on the network, ethernet. I still cant find a way of automatically reconnecting. I accept they have to disconnect to check usage etc but it should reconnect itself.

there is usually an option on the set up of a router to 'keep alive' or something to that effect do you have that option turned on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Well my utv clicksilver 2mb connection disconnects to its hearts content. Just randomly and out of the blue. Extremely annoying.:mad:

Advertisement