Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Signal error!

Options
  • 05-01-2006 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hi there!
    getting a "no signal error" after a while with the pc running,where the screen blanks out even thought the pc is still running,only way out of it is to reboot!
    any one got any ideas???
    could it be video card related(ie not slotted in correctly pehaps?)
    johnnyboy4711:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

i know this sounds basic and i don't mean to be sarcastic but have you checked the connection cause some monitors are really sensitive especially ones with DVI. it happens when i adjust the height of my monitor and it looks connected but you really have to push it in.

Other than that maybe it could be a driver issue or a heat issue? Check to make sure the fan on your graphics card is still spinning when it happens. If its an nvidia graphics card you can check the temp through the monitor settings.

Advertisement