Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sagem Myx6-2: Great entry level phone!

• 05-01-2006 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Got this today to replace my old 6630. Cost 149 with 80 credit. Meteor Network.

It's a lovely phone - it looks much, much sleeker and unique then the crappy myx5-2 and the various incarnations including the myx5-2v, the myc-52, etc. etc.

The OS is different this time, finally - essentially the same options, menu and layout but it looks so much sexier and easier to navigate.

Features of the phone:

-262k Colour screen
    -Bluetooth
    -Infra-red
    -Mp3 and AAC Playback with built in Media Player
    -Video Recording
    -1.3 Megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom
    -10mb internal storage with miniSD card expansion slot

For 149 with 80 free credit this sure isn't bad. Another lovely and easily affordable phone form Sagem with great features for the price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's a lovely phone - it looks much, much sleeker and unique then the crappy myx5-2 and the various incarnations including the myx5-2v, the myc-52, etc. etc.

The OS is different this time, finally - essentially the same options, menu and layout but it looks so much sexier and easier to navigate.

Features of the phone:

-262k Colour screen
    -Bluetooth
    -Infra-red
    -Video Recording

For 149 with 80 free credit this sure isn't bad. Another lovely and easily affordable phone form Sagem with great features for the price.

Where did you get it? No Meteor store that I know of has had this yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

That's been out for quite a while, no? Like 2 months?

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/myx62.html

It was supposed to be in stores last November. No Meteor Store I've seen has had it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

God I hate Sagem phones - would never use another of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that looks fantastic for 149. it has pretty much the same features as a 6230i and thats 289!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pythia wrote:
    That's been out for quite a while, no? Like 2 months?

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/myx62.html

The funny thing is that although they have it advertised, no store actually has it. I was about to give up when a Meteor staff member advises me to try Carphone Warehouse.

Now having already looked at CPW brochure countless times, I knew they didn't have it. But I said I'd go up again anyway to see when CPW might have it, if at all.

Turns out CPW have stocked it, as above, for the last two months, but just have absolutely not one trace of its existance in print. :confused:

So Meteor advertise it, and don't stock it. CPW don't advertise it at all, and DO have it.

Go figure, eh?

it says on gsmarena.com that it'll only take a 256mb card but it also says a 6230i will only 512mb and i've seen ppl with 2gb cards with no problems. does anyone know if it'll take a bigger card

It's wierd how almost every electrical appliance to use memory expansion lists the maxium as x, and the device is always able to hold x, and y, etc....

That said, I'd hate to buy a 512mb miniSD to find the Sagem can't use it....

I'll pick one up soon enough and let you know how it goes.

Had a play around with it today. Hugely impressed. Great screen, camera and video. Worth every penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

HavoK wrote:

Features of the phone:

-262k Colour screen
    -Bluetooth
    -Infra-red
    -Video Recording

I got €100 with mine :D €25 up front and €15 every month for 5 months, excelent phone, just wish you could IRDA .jar files, supposedly sagem have blocked .jar(application files) from being transferred via IRDA :mad: gonna have to wait for my memory card now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Lads I hear the menus are very slow to load on the Sagem MY X6-2, can anyone shed any light on this?

They can be a bit slow, about a second response between pressing the button and it starting. Hardly very slow, but slower than you'd expect. Definitely not a reason to avoid the phone.

as chrislad says sagems tend to be a bit slow but it never bothered me when i had one

Lads its says on the meteor site "Downloadable Games: N " but surely thats a load of bull seeings that it has java , no ?

Oh and does it come with headphones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mad ringo

I was messing around with a friends one yesturday. quite a nice phone but there are better phones i must say. but ideal for someone after a cheap camera phone....and tough as nails too

mad ringo wrote:
    I was messing around with a friends one yesturday. quite a nice phone but there are better phones i must say. but ideal for someone after a cheap camera phone....and tough as nails too

Ye better phones at more than double the price :rolleyes:

The only downfall this phone has is slow menus(but even at that its not slow enough to piss you off)

I've been using it 2 or 3 months now, don't notice the menus being slow to be honest - and I'm a big phone person who goes through about a dozen a year :D

There is one thing though I have ALWAYS hated about Sagem phones - and that is the photo format - instead of regular sized photographs you get photos with a height double their width. Very annoying.

Still though. Great phone and still unbeatable for the price really.

^whitey^ wrote:
    Lads its says on the meteor site "Downloadable Games: No " but surely thats a load of bull seeings that it has java?

/cough

HavoK wrote:
    I've been using it 2 or 3 months now, don't notice the menus being slow to be honest - and I'm a big phone person who goes through about a dozen a year :D

There is one thing though I have ALWAYS hated about Sagem phones - and that is the photo format - instead of regular sized photographs you get photos with a height double their width. Very annoying.

Still though. Great phone and still unbeatable for the price really.

Can't you set it differently

Menu>Camera>Photo Format ????????

I got the memory card a couple weeks ago(its fu(king tiny :D) comes in very handy though for getting my pics onto the PC and for keeping all my games on it, i found a zip of about 500 games :D
    One thing i don't like is that you can't zoom in with the video, zoom only works for the pictures :rolleyes:

For anyone who wants to see(heres a sample pic with the camera)
    http://www.recruitaarontorrez.com/images/Piceeeture 0027.jpg

^whitey^ wrote:
    Lads its says on the meteor site "Downloadable Games: N " but surely thats a load of bull seeings that it has java , no ?

Thats bull****, it doesn't allow .jar(game files) to be transfered via Infrared but you can get games through WAP or if you have the memory card you can use that

• Advertisement
Advertisement