Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The History of Mayhem

• 05-01-2006 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I always knew that something weird had happened sometime during the life-span of Mayhem but I never really knew what until i googled it today. It has actually freaked me out a little considering I listen to some of their stuff.

If you don't know anything about them, give this link a read
    http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage/7909/Mayhem.html

Are there any other bands like this around that people know of?? (as in messed up historys)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Most of that is a totally inaccurate mess tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Really? Care to shed some light oh wise one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/a_burzum_story02.shtml

An interesting viewpoint, to say the least. Personally I wouldn't take his word for what happened though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Thats just completely messed up. He makes it sound as if he stabbed people with knives every second day of the week.
    I stabbed him (three or four times) in his left shoulder as he ran - that was the only part I could hit while we were running anyhow
    I finished him off by thrusting the knife through his skull, through his forehead

It's like something out of mortal kombat :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

yeah man, get your stories from a reliable source. not that Mayhem's history isnt ****ed up....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

there's so much bull**** involved that a reliable source is rare. everything no matter how sound it seems will be disputed by smeone, frankly i wouldnt trust grishnakh, but his opponents would try to paint him with a different brush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

The history of Mayhem is indeed ****ed up, like most of the True Kvlt Black Metal bands of their time, I got Lords Of Chaos: The Bloody Rise Of The Satanic Metal Underground from amazon around this time last year and it is a bloody good read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/a_burzum_story02.shtml

An interesting viewpoint, to say the least. Personally I wouldn't take his word for what happened though.

ok then thats really ****ed up. they both seemed to have no problem about killing each other./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MsMolko

superconor wrote:
    The history of Mayhem is indeed ****ed up, like most of the True Kvlt Black Metal bands of their time, I got Lords Of Chaos: The Bloody Rise Of The Satanic Metal Underground from amazon around this time last year and it is a bloody good read!
    Pun intended:p ?
    There was an article about this in some magazine a few months back, none of the reporting can be unbiased, can it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

none the less Varg's interview was an interesting read... i havent really read up on Buzum/grishnackh in about 10 years.. i was a big fan back then, but kinda drifted away from it slowly.. i must buy lords of chaos.. it sounds very interesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Autobot Killa

Just read 'Lords of Chaos', it has the story of the whole Norweigan Black Metal scene from the start. Its a great book, Tower have it at the moment. Varg killed Euronymous because they were both at the top of the scene and Varg couldnt take that. He said he found a dildo in the room, and that Oystein was apologising for stuff he said because his grandmother was making him. Varg was trying to win over the scene and be as 'true' as possible, then he just wound up in prison. If you want more music like this check out:

Darkthrone
    Burzum
    Satyricon
    Immortal
    Emperor
    Vlad Tepes
    Abruptum
    In the woods..
    Marduk
    Gorgoroth
    and more...Read more here.

Advertisement