Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes face lift conversion kit;

Options
  • 06-01-2006 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

I came across this site lately and I think it will be very interesting to anyone with a Mercedes or a Porsche who wants to give it a face lift, pity about the crappy Irish number plates with the year of manufacture on them. If only we had personalised plates here. www.vhtuning.be

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

WOW!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Am I missing something. Looks standard to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Amazing stuff. I'd say 90% of the people wouldn't know with some of the mercs apart from year in the Irish plates indeed. Iirc, in Belgium the plate is linked to the owner, not the car

Edit:
    Am I missing something. Looks standard to me.

LOL my point exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

unkel wrote:
    in Belgium the plate is linked to the owner, not the car

Traceability. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

LOL Botox for your car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Oh dear. How could you do that to an old merc, it is like wallpapering the sistine chapel or something (an exaggeration, but you get the idea).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

If you had the money for it would it not be easier to buy the newer version, I didn't see any prices, admittedly I wasn't looking too hard.

They look good though, my main problem is the shape of the doors, since they can't be changed it sometimes spoils the car

VH Tuning S Class
    index.php?id=74
    Standard S Class
    merc.jpg

Edit: Hmmm, image wouldn't work, it's a link now then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

wow these cars look cool.:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Not convinced. Especially for the old C-class, it just looks weird having the "new front" with the old sides. I'm sure it costs a packet as well as there's new bonnets, new wings, bumpers etc..
    If you had the money for it would it not be easier to buy the newer version, I didn't see any prices, admittedly I wasn't looking too hard.
    Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

It might make sense alright for a hearse or limo alright that you might want to keep looking fresh for a few more years without the expense and delay of getting a new one built.

The E-Class "facelift" one looks the worst imo. Apart from the fact the 94ish E class was a nicer looking car, the facelift just looks out of proportion from the side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

should make your car pretty much saleproof as well. also you would have to notify your insurers

Advertisement