Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 770 Wireless Tablet

• 06-01-2006 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Didn't know where to post this thread since it's not a mobile & not quite a computer. There seems to be an extreme shortage of these at the moment - there's already a backlog on nokia's official online store. Has anyone seen it in any bricks and mortar shops around dublin? Would like to get my mits on one very soon. Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 davidk

I got one of the first batch at the end of November. Interesting gadget but painfully slow operating system - can't wait for the first upgrade....DK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

The Finish firm announced on Wednesday that, against its expectations, it is to increase production of its 770 Internet Tablet handheld after achieving huge online sales since it's launch in early November. In fact, demand for the product in Europe and the US is so great that the company has currently run out of stock and customers are facing a minimum two-week wait for the device.
    full story ....
    http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9661101.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sleur

davidk wrote:
    I got one of the first batch at the end of November. Interesting gadget but painfully slow operating system - can't wait for the first upgrade....DK

just got mine this morning, ordered it on wednesday. they seem to be out of stock on nokia shop again. Haven't had much use yet to complain too much. Although, it did silently reboot twice when trying to lock onto an AP this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I emailed the Nokia shop and they said the lead time is currently 4 weeks from order.

Am I right in seeing that this is just a tablet and has no GPRS capabilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sleur

ciaranfo wrote:
    I emailed the Nokia shop and they said the lead time is currently 4 weeks from order.

Am I right in seeing that this is just a tablet and has no GPRS capabilities?

Yep, it's just got WI-FI and Blutooth capability.

• Advertisement

What a waste ... a simcard... GPRS ... I'd buy one right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

use bluetooth to your existing mob

I sorta want an all in one solution. I want to use my billpay mobile for my calls/texts. I then wanna use the tablet for my mobile web, with a prepay simcard to avoid any unmetered bills.

Advertisement