Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kissed by a Friend?????

• 06-01-2006 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Sunday night I was out with group of friends, one of whom kissed me at end of night. I was so taken back it took me a few seconds to push him away!! (we friends about 2 years)

The problem is I am very happily living with my partner the last 6 years. He was not out as he was in work (he works shifts). On Monday I was in shock, now I am annoyed with my friend. Do I tell my partner or do I try and forget about it? Should I confront my friend or should I put it down to drunken moment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It was only a few seconds, plus you wern't the one that started, you were the one to push away.
    Why even bother telling your partner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

ah , let it go . no big deal !
    hes hardly a home wrecker now is he.
    it was a flippin kiss.
    put it down to a drunken mistake if you will.

Dont tell him!you would hurt his pride alot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Hard one I think - what if one of your partners "friends" kissed him like that would you want to know about it?
    MPA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

if you didn't tell him straight away, I wouldn't tell him now....
    I'm surprised you didn't... if it was something that happened to me, I'd probably go home and go "oh my god mr.x tried to kiss me tonight" etc etc etc....
    if you tell him a few days later, it sounds like you've been thinking about it, and debating whether or not to tell him, which makes you look kinda guilty, if you know what I mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

i agree with Dizzy.the longer u leave it the worse it would be if he found out.u should have told him when u got home or even the day after that at the latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its not uncommon for people to kiss on New Year's Eve (Saturday, not Sunday) - maybe he got erm, confused....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭BigArnie

I'd just leave it if I were you. Pretend it never happened. You did your duty and pushed him away. If it happens again, let your friend know that his advances aren't welcome and that you just see him as a friend. I wouldn't judge him harshly, he may really fancy you and that was just his way of showing it - it seeped out after a few drinks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

BigArnie wrote:
    I'd just leave it if I were you. Pretend it never happened. You did your duty and pushed him away. If it happens again, let your friend know that his advances aren't welcome and that you just see him as a friend. I wouldn't judge him harshly, he may really fancy you and that was just his way of showing it - it seeped out after a few drinks.
    He really should have stopped himself as that is no excuse. He probably does like you OP, so I would tell him that you are happy with your bf...and never to do it again.

Advertisement