Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Divx player deal.....

Options
  • 06-01-2006 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Im looking for the best deal on a Divx player around town, I had a philips 5100and it was fine except that it just got smashed (dont ask) so I need a new one, Ive a budget of about €100 but would be willing spend a bit more if its worth it (HDD etc) the only thing is I need it by saturday. Wheres the best deal around town.....

Thanks

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Don't suppose Lidl/Aldi have any stock these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

xbox + modchip = teh funnage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

maplins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thanks, What Ill probably do is just trek around the main stores and see whats there, Im just stuck on time and was looking for a specifc deal that would save me all that cycling in the píssing rain.

Anywhere sell those Kiss models?

Sean

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Chili model about €80 IIRC in Maplin, also does MPEG4 playback and a Nissan (I Think) model for less again .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Or mod your xbox and have a wealth of far superior support and functionality.
    Any standalone MPEG4/DiVX boxes I've used felt tacky. I don't embrace the idea of buying a 'cheap' one when there are better alternatives available.

They're a false economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

SyxPak wrote:
    Or mod your xbox and have a wealth of far superior support and functionality.
    Any standalone MPEG4/DiVX boxes I've used felt tacky. I don't embrace the idea of buying a 'cheap' one when there are better alternatives available.

They're a false economy.

Ive never owned an Xbox, and having a nuclear bunker sized box near my TV doesnt appeal to me!!!;)

I actually got the philips 5100 again, I have a Kameleon Remote and all these "Chilli" and "Nissan" etc models dont work with it. Audio Vision had it for €89. The philips model is very good and has played anything Ive chucked in it. The only downside is the slot loader is slow.

Thanks for all the help.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

where's audio vision ?? :)

would this handle 3 or 4 movies backed up on a dvd ? as in give you the option to play any of them ...

cheers for any info :)

James

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

error9 wrote:
    would this handle 3 or 4 movies backed up on a dvd ? as in give you the option to play any of them ...

cheers for any info :)

James

Yeah I got one yesterday for €145 in Power City, Blanchardstown and it allows you to choose which DivX file you want to play etc... Films in DivX format are usually ~700mb, allowing you to put roughly 6 movies on one DVD disc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

SyxPak wrote:
    xbox + modchip = teh funnage
    This man speaks the truth. Follow him to untold riches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

where is audiovision ?

i need to get me a divx player and quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

shuushh wrote:
    where is audiovision ?

i need to get me a divx player and quick!

answered my own question here as well .. :)
    audiovision.ie .... its on mary street ....

opposite Mixers / Golden Rickshaw .. if you know where eddie rockets is ... its that street on the other side

Advertisement