Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys tech support number?

• 06-01-2006 2:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭

My wrt54g stopped working over christmas. Cant get an ip address on the router. Was using it one minute...next minute nothing connected through the router can reach the internet. I've reset and upgraded the firmware to no avail. Sent Linksys mail on 12/28 and they still havent replied. All I have is UK 800 numbers so I cant call anyone. Has anyone had to call Linksys from Ireland and do you still have the number?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

All i can find is

LINKSYS Ireland
    For sales or purchasing decision related questions please contact: 0800 068 0327

Everything else is USA based call that and see if they can put u through or give u a better contact number...

EDIT try 0800 026 1418 says its a tech number ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

+44 (0) 870 739 3939

Email Support: support.uk@linksys.com

EDIT: Actually that number gives a recorded message to ring the tech number that Mistmyr quoted
    Dial 0044 800 026 1418

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Thanks folks but as I said 800 numbers are no good from Ireland. I did try calling US for a better UK number but I gave up after 20+ minutes on hold. I then tried their online chat and the person I spoke with couldnt get me a non-800 number!! So far not a good tech support experience with Linksys.

EDIT: oops. Tried 0044 800 026 1418 from work and got through to someone. I'll try it from home tonight. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I dialed the 800 number in the format in my previous post and got through:confused:
    0044 800 026 1418

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Return it under warranty to wherever you bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Mine did exactly the same after about 3 months. It was replaced with version 5 of this model. Avoid version 5 . Have a look on the wireless board to see why or google and you will see it it's screwed up. In the end I had to replace my router with the speedbooster version and it is rock solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

If your looking to speak with someone your gona have to go with the 0800 number. If you go on to the american website you can chat with someone and they are usually very helpful and can sort out most problems that are'nt physically wrong with equip.

Advertisement