Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Cartridge Revolvers

Options
  • 06-01-2006 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I had a lovely chromed Taurus and a Brocock Orion before moving back home in 2003. I had to sell them.

Would I now be allowed to own such guns?

I still have the cartridges stored in England.

How is everyone getting on with their pistol applications?

What was the actual change in the law allowing people to have hand guns with calibres larger than .22?

I've always wanted a PPK.

Thanks.

James.... James Butler.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

There was no change in the law, just a matter of applying the law as it existed.

Not sure why you'd want an ACR when you can just get cartridge revolver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Hi JB,

were the Brocock pistols and rifles not outlawed in the UK? think they can only be licenced in the same way as full auto and large cal semi auto now.

The brococks were being converted to fire.22 ammo or the brocock shells were changed so that a blank round would fit behind it and so launch the lead pellet at high speed.

Are they still even being made anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

People who had them before the law was changed in 2004 could keep them and register them on a firearms cert. No new certs were allowed after a cutoff date. New ones cannot be licenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭JayBee66

chem wrote:
    Hi JB,

were the Brocock pistols and rifles not outlawed in the UK? think they can only be licenced in the same way as full auto and large cal semi auto now.

The brococks were being converted to fire.22 ammo or the brocock shells were changed so that a blank round would fit behind it and so launch the lead pellet at high speed.

Are they still even being made anymore?

Air cartridge guns were reclassified so that you had to have a FAC. As I had just been made redundant in 2002 I decided to come home but my research showed that I could not bring the guns into Ireland so I sold them.

Brocock have ceased production. Taurus did a small batch conversion of their 7 shot 22 lr revolver.

Shame, quite an investment in the revolvers plus 100 cartridges and pumping equipment. Still, I can sell the cartridges to someone in the UK and use the money to get something over here.

The first thing to do is to join a club. Where would be the nearest club to Kenmare, Kerry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

The first thing to do is to join a club. Where would be the nearest club to Kenmare, Kerry?[/QUOTE]

There is the Kerry rifle&pistol club/team.You need to drop up to/ring Jim Halpin,shooting supplies in Listowel.He will see you right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There's also a new lot getting started in Castlemaine, though I don't think they're up and running just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭JayBee66

Thanks for the help everyone.

I also heard something about Mallow. Is that so?

Advertisement