Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

gearbox/clutching thing

Options
  • 06-01-2006 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

sometimes when im changing gear, or putting into first gear the gerstick doesnt actually engage or it stops/gets stuck just before it goes into gear.usually if i pull back into neutral or put it briefly into second then back into first it goes in no bother.it only happens some times.more for 1st and 3rd than 2, 4 and 5th i think.
    i had a guy in the garage where i got the car look at it a while back.he said he changed a rod in it.it made a bit of a difference.didnt remove the problem but i made a bit of a difference.im taking it back down to him after work this afternoon and was wondering if anyone would know what the problem might be so i would know a bit about what im talking about when i go to the garage with my car later.driving a '99 rover 400

thanks

Advertisement