Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC 2007 - Travel

• 06-01-2006 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Right so the thought of watching Ireland play cricket in Jamaica on Paddys day 2007 is too much to resist for me so I'm contemplating poping over for 10 days or so to catch the Crickets and sample some fine Jamaican rum.

So the question is, has anyone started doing any research into the various options for travel and accomodation?

Yeah it's 15 months away but you gotta plan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Have been pondering this alright. It wasn't the rum I would be interested in though:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

I have heard a rumour that the ICU are looking at an all-in package that will be in the region of 3,000 Euro for about 2weeks.

Not sure if this represents good value. The ticket prices are on

http://www.cricketworldcup.com/Tickets.html

I would imaging flights to Jamacia would be cheap enough as England are in St. Lucia. The prob could be accommodation & travel. Don't know much about the place but have read a few reviews about Jamacia, especically Kingston, that indicate that it is somewhat dodgy. But then again I am from Dublin so should be grand :eek:

Good Rum, Good Coffee and some local "culture" in March 2007 would be nice ;)

If anybody have any ideas / leads, please post them - the more the merrier when we play Pakistan on Paddies Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dohboy

was thinking of heading over too. should be deadly. that package sounds a bit pricey. A friend of mine went sailing around the carribean before and it worked out cheapish. could be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

The wife and I are heading over to Jamaica for the first two weeks of July this year. I can do a local reccie for you guys if you like.

It's a second honeymoon, but I'm wishing that it could be delayed by a year so that I can fit in a few WC games :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

mike,

that would be great - you hear so many stories about jamacia, especially kingston.

enjoy

• Advertisement
Advertisement