Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Bed House Plumbing Question

Options
  • 06-01-2006 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi, We're getting a dishwasher installed, has anyone done this? Was there any problem getting it in? and if so can you give me the name of the plumber?
    Thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

We haven't done it yet, but I know one guy who did it by moving the washing machine into the downstairs bathroom and putting the dishwasher in its place, he said there's no problem doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I did it a couple of times. It is a DIY job IMO, unless you are likely to have difficulties in getting under the counter or if there is no way of stopping the water while you are changing the fittings (very unlikely).

You can buy the splitters for the water supply in any DIY store and they are all universal sizes, so no big deal. For the drain, you should be able to squeeze the washing mashine's and the dishwashers into the same upright pipe since the hoses are flexible. If not, ask at your DIY store for a solution.

It will save you a few yo-yos for your next holiday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Johnc72 wrote:
    Hi, We're getting a dishwasher installed, has anyone done this? Was there any problem getting it in? and if so can you give me the name of the plumber?
    Thanks
    J

Mine was here when I arrived, the plumber's name was Shane

Advertisement