Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO Admin: Can't login to albums

Options
  • 06-01-2006 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

I posted this yesterday in the subscribers forum but since not many people seem to look in there I just thought I would try here:
    Hi, I paid my subscription today and I'd like to upload an image for my signature. When I try to login to the album section http://albums.boards.ie/ I enter my username and password as I normally would and it seems to be accepted but i am then returned to the front page of the album section and the username / password fields are blank and I don't seem to be logged in.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm having the same problem logging in btw

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Same here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Me to.

*bump*

*bump*

• Advertisement

^^ What I said

Actually, I think I've noticed the issue.

The URL for the photopost is now albums.boards.ie. Thus if, you access it from www.boards.ie where you've been logged in, you don't have a valid cookie for the host/domain, and so the photopost doesn't recognise you as being logged in.

That's not a huge issue, but the login form on the photopost actions to www.boards.ie/vbulletin/login.php. Thus when you "log in" from the photopost, it accepts your credentials, but gives you a valid cookie for www.boards.ie, and redirects you to albums.boards.ie where that cookie is no longer valid. :)

*bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Thanks to seamus, I think I've hacked teh gibsopost!

Go here: http://albums.boards.ie/login.php

Although I can't upload photos:
    Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/bin/X11/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 66x100 -quality 70 -geometry 66x100 -unsharp 10 '/usr/local/www/albums.boards.ie/data/3009/thumbs/titanic-pants-1.jpg'

Genius.

We can crack this one without the Admins' help! :D

• Advertisement

Actually Cloud did that, bah! Check the Subscribers forum.

Photopost works fine now, Cloud did some fixy things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Acc. to PhotoPost support, you can't have them on separate servers but it seems to work fine now with that extra login page - as long as people know about it... But maybe their new version fixes this.

I'm looking at Gallery 2 integration for BJP, may be a better option...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Cloud wrote:
    Acc. to PhotoPost support, you can't have them on separate servers but it seems to work fine now with that extra login page - as long as people know about it... But maybe their new version fixes this.

I'm looking at Gallery 2 integration for BJP, may be a better option...

I find gallery 2 very slow on the database server, with say only 300 or so pics it loads very slowly

Advertisement