Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The FA Cup 3rd round thread (predictions/scores/results)

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

What a goal by Stalteri!

Hope its not another one of those "shocker" games....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Anyone hear that?

Some Liverpool fan had money on Alonso scoring from inside his own half this season, won £25,000!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

2-2 cracking game!! Yeah i heard that aswell joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

2-2 Stephen Hughes. Top class! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Anyone hear that?

Some Liverpool fan had money on Alonso scoring from inside his own half this season, won £25,000!

I suspect anyone watching the Leicester Tottenham match on MOTD heard it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

3-2
    spurs going out,
    but it has been another cracking cup tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Leicester are singing "2-0 and you *beep*ed it up." Wonder where they got the inspiration for that? ;)

Another great cup game for the neutral and leicester fans anyway. Hard luck Tottenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Another great match for BBC coverage, lots of goals! :)

Well, im pissed off to say the least! The only hope i had of my beloved tottenham winning silverware this season.

I miss Mido :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah the romance of the cup.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ah!

i am disappointed, but it was an enjoyable game.

we really have to get rid of rasiak. if we actually have a bid in for vieri, i for one will be happy.

however.....

while i am really hacked off about being out of the FA cup, at the same time, just to consol myself and make myself feel better, im kinda happy. we are doing well in the league, and i want the 4th place.
    at least.
    im looking at spurs going for 3 rd or even 2nd here. im going to stick my neck out on the choppiong block and say that i think we can do it.

but why oh why do we continue to play brown? mendes is better and so is davis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

im looking at spurs going for 3 rd or even 2nd here. im going to stick my neck out on the choppiong block and say that i think we can do it.

*cough* Dillusional *cough* :)

Mendes is so much better. Im dissapointed that mendes didnt get his game tonight, ive a feeling he really wants to leave now.

It was my first time seeing Rasiak properly, and i wasnt impressed in the slightest. He has no pace, so being up front alone after a corner on the oppostite end is useless. His heading looks promising, but hes just not up to what we should have. Vieri, as WWM said, has been linked to us, and i think he'd be better to have then Rasiak.

Question is, who'd buy Rasiak off us?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Spurs out of the cup, happy days indeed!!:D :D

jank wrote:

It gets more and more like the good old days here every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jank wrote:

indeed. but still ahead of arsenal in the league, and not really looking like giving it up any time soon either.

now, if yis can just get some points away from home :)

like i said, im disappointed, but thats football. you win some and you lose some.

but i dont think im that dillusional. utd arent that far ahead of us. they were lucky to draw at old trafford, we should have won. arsenal were lucky to draw at white heart lane.

on the other hand, west brom spanked us! but still. michael brown. i like th guy, but id rather we had someone better to play. mendes whould be getting the game ahead of him. even dais should be.

but i could forgivce brown playing. but that lanky polish bloke has got to go. every time he was on the ball, i thought he was going to fall over! it made me cringe!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

arsenal were lucky to draw at white heart lane.
    Well, Arsenal were lucky to get the equaliser, but Spurs were lucky not to conceed another after that as they were totally overrun.

Watched the game as I wanted to see Ryan Smith in action (moderately impressed, he's had much better games though); that it was an entertaining game was an added bonus. Leicester's 18 year old right-back was superb I thought. Raziak was really, really poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Pigman II wrote:
    Leicester are singing "2-0 and you *beep*ed it up." Wonder where they got the inspiration for that? ;)

Yeah, pity we didn't hear anything from them for the preceeding 90 minutes. They were without a shadow of a doubt the worst home fans I've had the (did)pleasure of sharing a ground with this season. Never before have the chants "**** ground, no fans" and "shall we fill your ground for you" been more deserved. Nearly 20k at the game, 1/4 of which were Spurs...
    Mendes is so much better. Im dissapointed that mendes didnt get his game tonight, ive a feeling he really wants to leave now.[/qoute]

Brown did a good job on Wednesday night against better opposition though. He's never been a creative player, but he's honest and he works hard. Unlike...
    It was my first time seeing Rasiak properly, and i wasnt impressed in the slightest. He has no pace, so being up front alone after a corner on the oppostite end is useless. His heading looks promising, but hes just not up to what we should have.

The bloke was continually beaten by CBs who were smaller than him. We spent the better part of the 2nd half screaming "jump" at him. He should never be allowed pull on a Spurs jersey again. When people compare our spending to Ridsdale-era Leeds he's the one signing I think of. Seth Johnson without the 35k a week.

Snoop and Kelly were poor last night, in fact everyone bar Lennon was poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

good couple of games on the bbc, really enjoyed both of them
    both teams i wanted to win came back and did so :)

these sort of games make me wanna watch more football, damn sky

• Advertisement
Advertisement