Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrested Development: Season 3:(

• 06-01-2006 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Oh Dear

Has anyone watched this? While it does have some moments of genius, its just not up to the standard of series one and two. I thought the Wee England bits were tedious.

It would appear that they've made a HUGE mistake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

I disagree. While Charlize Theron was a bad choice, overall I think this season standard has been high.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

No, it's still very good. In fact, when re-watched and knowing more about how the Wee England story is going to play out, it's actually a lot less annoying than it originally was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I havent seen it yet because i dont have cousins like most people. any sign of it being shown over here or when is it out on dvd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In my honest opinion, i'd have to agree with the OP to a certain agree... i think the majority of the season so far has been pretty poor in comparison to the first 2 seasons.

The episode 2 weeks ago with Michael and GOB competiting against each was probably the funniest so-far along with "Prison Break-In" being very funny also.

But there has been some horrible episodes - the "Wee England" period was easily the weakest in AD history.

And also last week's episode ("SOB's") pushed the bar in term of in-jokes but bar the injokes (Homebuyer's Organistion, Showtime), it was still a pretty poor episode.

Hope Bob Loblaw (Chachi) is outta the show now - he was terrible!
    any sign of it being shown over here or when is it out on dvd?
    The series has to finish in the US first before there's any sign of a DVD.. and the Season 2 DVD wasn't released until almost 6 months after the Season 2 finale aired in the US.

TV3 i'd assume will probably start showing it fairly soon.

I just sent an e-mail to tv3 asking them about whether they would be airing it because the last of season 2 is being aired on wednesday and 11.55pm which is a horrible time to put such a good show on but anyway im still waiting for a reply. I hope tv3 show it because the 11.55 air time gives the impression that tv3 are losing faith in the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I agree with the OP in that Season 3 has been the weakest so far. The Wee Britain storyline was quite weak and I really didn't like
    Tobias's illness
    . However, I do believe that Season 3 has still been quite stong compared to many many other comedies on the airwaves today. A weak Arrested Development is still stronger than most of the stuff that masquerades as entertainment these days.

In relation to ioxy's comments about the Wee Britain storyline, I've also found that many Season 3 episodes need to be re-watched before you can pass judgement on them. I made the mistake of juging "The Ocean Walker" without watching it twice. Once I had re-viewed it, I discovered that it was a very good episode (although a bit quiet tbh).
    Boo-yah wrote:
    I disagree. While Charlize Theron was a bad choice, overall I think this season standard has been high.
    I disagree about the Charlize Theron comment. I think she actually played a good role. It was the material and the character she wsas presented with that made us glad when this storyline ran its course. I can't see to many people agreeing with me though. :-p
    basquille wrote:
    In my honest opinion, i'd have to agree with the OP to a certain agree... i think the majority of the season so far has been pretty poor in comparison to the first 2 seasons.

The episode 2 weeks ago with Michael and GOB competiting against each was probably the funniest so-far along with "Prison Break-In" being very funny also.

But there has been some horrible episodes - the "Wee England" period was easily the weakest in AD history.

And also last week's episode ("SOB's") pushed the bar in term of in-jokes but bar the injokes (Homebuyer's Organistion, Showtime), it was still a pretty poor episode.

Hope Bob Loblaw (Chachi) is outta the show now - he was terrible!
    I agree with your point that the "Wee Britain" period was the weakest in the show's history, but I disagree that "S.O.B.'s" was a poor episode outside of the in-jokes. It had a lot of strong content (some examples include
    George Michael standing up to Michael, Buster actually interacting with Lindsay
    ) and I believe this advanced the show and the characters involved.

Bob Loblaw was a great joke........sadly the actual character wasn't as good.
    I just sent an e-mail to tv3 asking them about whether they would be airing it because the last of season 2 is being aired on wednesday and 11.55pm which is a horrible time to put such a good show on but anyway im still waiting for a reply. I hope tv3 show it because the 11.55 air time gives the impression that tv3 are losing faith in the show.
    AFAIK TV3 showed the Season 2 finale back in summer or Autumn 2005. Even then, their scheduling of the show was haphazard and erratic. :mad:

Let us know if you get a reply!

So i got a reply and its as i suspected it to be.
    Dear Michael , There are currently no plans to acquire the third series of 'Arrested Development' however this may change at a later date.Thank you for taking the time to contact TV3 ,your feedback is genuinely appreciated.
    Kind Regards.
    Which Basically means they have given up on Arrested Development and would rather show crap like Will and Grace.
    Maybe RTE will pick it up and give it some proper attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

In relation to ioxy's comments about the Wee Britain storyline, I've also found that many Season 3 episodes need to be re-watched before you can pass judgement on them. I made the mistake of juging "The Ocean Walker" without watching it twice. Once I had re-viewed it, I discovered that it was a very good episode (although a bit quiet tbh).

In fairness to Season three, I laughed till beer came out my nose at the end of that episode
    G.O.B. saying that Theron walking across the water wasn't part of his trick, then the next week on AD, "It was part of my ILLUSION!

I'll have another look at the "Wee Britain" episodes, and see if it improves upon second viewing, like, umm, I don't know, something that improves when you watch it twice. Wine, or some such.

Which Basically means they have given up on Arrested Development and would rather show crap like Will and Grace.
    Maybe RTE will pick it up and give it some proper attention.

I have noticed that TV3 are VERY hit and miss with their scheduling, aside from the obvious putting AD on at 11:55. It pains me deeply that I have to put up with TWO channels (UTV + TV3) showing "Celebrity fit Factor band big love farm", or whatever the reality tv 'hit' is, at the same time on a Monday night while "The Shield" gets postponed for weeks on end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

More bad signs for AD...

There was supposed to be two episodes shown on Monday in the US, now they are 'Coming Soon'... :(

There was only 13 episodes ordered for this season anyway, and they've shown 9 already. Will the other 4 be broadcast? Have to wait and see.

I'll miss it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

briano wrote:
    I'll have another look at the "Wee Britain" episodes, and see if it improves upon second viewing, like, umm, I don't know, something that improves when you watch it twice. Wine, or some such.

You should. AD is always better the 2nd or 3rd time you watch an episode

• Advertisement

In relation to arrested development on tv3 tonight its been moved from 11.55 to 12.25 and its been replaced by sports tonight!! And it look like it could be a long time before its back on bbc2.

Advertisement