Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unemployment Benefit in the UK

Options
  • 06-01-2006 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Has anyone got any idea how much money you get if you are on the Dole in the UK??

I think you get around €150 in Ireland but i dunno wot the max you can get in the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think it's a little bit less than what we get here, but not much when you convert it to euro. If I recall correctly, someone told me it was approx £110 sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clár

BuffyBot wrote:
    I think it's a little bit less than what we get here, but not much when you convert it to euro. If I recall correctly, someone told me it was approx £110 sterling.

OK great thanks for that.

Believe it or not you could easily live on that over there, but hopefully i wont have to avail of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Cl&#225 wrote: »

Believe it or not you could easily live on that over there......

Not really. I spent some time on the dole in the North a few years ago. OK, you can live but you are not having any fun. Similar to being on the dole down here I expect.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kimmayxoxo

Hi,

Mainly wondering if an Irish citizen is entitled to UK benefits when they move in a UK residence??

Reason for asking is that I am planning on completing my education in the UK, and I know not will take some time to receive a job that I will need something to help me

Any advice will be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

There's pretty good calculators on the UK.gov site. The lowest figure is 57.90 a week.
    Your costs will likely be higher than here though - you would be liable for council tax which is a lot, but might get rent allowance ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement