Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS2 wont read PS2 discs but will read PS1 discs

• 06-01-2006 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

This is probably an old question but I recently started up my pS2 which had been sitting idle for a while. Started it up fine but have found that it I will not read PS2 discs or DVDs but can read music cd's and PS1 games no problem. I've opened it up, blown out as much dust as I could out and cleaned the lens and its still the same. It sounds like it cannot seek on the PS2/DVD discs. I have read something about adjusting the lens height but wondering if anyone has done this or has any other ideas?!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Drax wrote:
    Hello All,

This is probably an old question but I recently started up my pS2 which had been sitting idle for a while. Started it up fine but have found that it I will not read PS2 discs or DVDs but can read music cd's and PS1 games no problem. I've opened it up, blown out as much dust as I could out and cleaned the lens and its still the same. It sounds like it cannot seek on the PS2/DVD discs. I have read something about adjusting the lens height but wondering if anyone has done this or has any other ideas?!

Cheers!

It's the DVD laser problem. Quite common with the ps2. Try turning it upside down. I can't remember if that was a ps1 or ps2 solution.
    ANd take a look at this:
    http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

in my experience, that fix only works for a short period of time if at all!

sounds to me like the laser is on the way out. if the dvd movies are skipping/choppy when playing it is almost certainly the laser.

lasers can be picked up easily off the net for around 50 euro and are a doddle to fit.

Advertisement