Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applying for driving test & letter from work

Options
  • 06-01-2006 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,

I wish to do my driving test asap. I feel where I work will give me a letter saying to need a full license. Both do they need to give a letter or sign the applicarion?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Just write a letter. I did it in November and my test is in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Just get a letter from your company saying that if you pass your test, there will be a full time position available to you, or something to that effect......fill out your application form & include the letter...AFAIK there is a box you can tick where you indicate that you are applying for a cancellation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As fletch says request a 'cancellation' and supply your employers letter. You'll go into the queue for immediate testing and will be offered someone elses cancelled test slot. It may be at very short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

My notice was on a Thursday, with the test to be on the following Monday. This was about 5 weeks after applying with a letter from work. Luck of the draw I guess :)

Advertisement