Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dealing with the Past

• 06-01-2006 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Theres this girl i know, shes not really that important because I used to know her and set her up with a friend of mine, but then she stopped talking to me and soon after she broke up with my friend. Now he doesnt talk to me as much as he used to.

On the night that this all happened my friend went around to her house. the first thing i heard they were broken up, later that weekend he was bragging hed had sex with her for the first time in their relationship, and from that point on she was never mentioned and i never saw her. when her name came up in conversation she would be very uncomfortable about going out with a group if i was there.

At first i taught it was my own fault, but i found a non direct way of contacting this girl the other day and decided to make ammends and formally apologise for being a 'bastard' (I had been a bit of a prick to be honest, calling her and butting my nose in the couples buisness).

The point is i apologised, but she must have freaked, because she removed her contact details from this page as of last night. i.e. phone number etc. i didnt call her, i dont want her number, i just wanted to say im sorry and move on but i dont want to think that this girl is really THAT terrified of me. Im not a bad person or a monster and I can be a bit hard to handle at times but thats just my personality.

You dont think my friend lied about me being a really horrible person in a desperate attempt to stay with her do you? There relationship had been having problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭alfa147

im abit confused:confused:

em who cares if u never see her again, its not as if ur great mates with her anyway.. life is 2 short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

yeah ure right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭OrangeOranges

Can't really understand the post 100% either.

You sound a bit "full on" man. I wouldn't bother with this girl, just leave her be. Do you actually think she will turn around and be your best mate after you apologise anyways?

She'll probably just get head-wrecked at you contacting her.

Unfortunately that's life. Your just gonna have to leave her to herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Not really sure what the story is here. Sounds like you had nothing to do with whatever went on between them. That being the case, if she's being weird then that's her problem, and even if you were being nosey, then she should just do the grown-up thing and tell you you're being nosey.

Also, what the other posters have said about relaxing, well worth listening to. This kinda thing will happen in life, best learn to let it wash over you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

The past is the past and that is it.

Maybe she doesn't want to drag up a whole bunch of thoughts and feelings because you have decided to now say you are sorry.

In future leave the sleeping dogs lie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement