Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem : 1.5 PSP Vs 2.1 PSP over WIFI

• 06-01-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

Tried at lunch to play against a friend in ridgeracer

My psp is 1.5 , his is 2.1. For some reason we couldn't connect. Is this due to the different versions of PSPs we own, or is there some other issue. Previously played a 1.52 against a 2.0 in ridgeracer, and both worked flawlessly...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have played Ridge Racer between a 2.5 and a 2.01 version and between a 2.5 and 2.6 ok.

The only problem that we had was that we had different region discs so had to do the disc swapping thing instead to get the game running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

versions of the game from different countries have some complatability issues, in their not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I'd call region issues too. There's an easy way to solve it though; some games will let you (I stress some) pop in a europe game and then swappy. There's an even easier option though. One of you download UMD emulator and use the Force Region option on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

Thats the thing though - both copies of ridge racer were both in Ireland.

From where we were we could scan for APs, and pick up the same ones, but when we tried to connect each PSP to eachother, we couldn't... Very strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

were both PC's in adhoc mode, rather than infrastructure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

No PCs/APs involved. This was just PSP to PSP

Advertisement