Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Query ?

• 06-01-2006 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

My younger brother informs me that his friend has recently got broadband with Eircom, 1mb I think. But my brother says he didnt get an adsl modem, he got some weird adapter that goes in to the computers usb slot. Anyone got any ideas on what this is.

Comments

It's a wifi adapter. You need that and the modem to use wireless. I got my modem and adapter on different days when I joined eircom, so i wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

You see that in lies the weird thing you see. With this so called adapter he is getting 1mb BB with a router/modem. Now I am someone who has got a very good knowledge on networks but I cant get my head around this.

Advertisement