Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Feedback.

Options
  • 06-01-2006 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok I would like to know why the prison forum isnt moderated like others. Its no holds barred threads are getting worse, for example seeing a prison thread entitled " You Fcuking ****" in the new posts facility is terrible. Is there possibility for these thread titles to be pre-moderated or simply not appear in the New Posts area or on the front page.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

we mod it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I know that and you do a great job but maybe we the threads can be pre modded before they appear. No one wants to see a thread like "You Fcuking ****" on the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Is that any better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

WDK wrote:
    Ok I would like to know why the prison forum isnt moderated like others. Its no holds barred threads are getting worse, for example seeing a prison thread entitled " You Fcuking ****" in the new posts facility is terrible. Is there possibility for these thread titles to be pre-moderated or simply not appear in the New Posts area or on the front page.

Are you an old man or a lick arse?

"You fcuking **** is terrible", you nearly make me sick

No but when your in work or college its just not right.

• Advertisement

WDK wrote:
    No but when your in work or college its just not right.

Looking at boards in work or college surely isn't right either.

Ya I guess your right but everyone does it like.

WDK wrote:
    Ya I guess your right but everyone does it like.

Majority of people use bad language or are used to it so get over it, Noones going to give out about it :)

Hell yeah they do I am frequent swearer but nowhere else on boards is it acceptable like.

WDK wrote:
    Hell yeah they do I am frequent swearer but nowhere else on boards is it acceptable like.

I would have thought a small bit of freedom on boards could be viewed as a breath of fresh air :) Not for you to worry about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

WDK wrote:

Prison is like nowhere else on boards.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

people use fcuk, fúck, fuck, fuck and fook all the time on boards.ie, and while threads started with the title you picked would usually be deleted, using it in a thread isn't even noticed. I don't see why it should be censored in prison... they need to get a release from somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Prison is special. Tbh, I read far more obscene things for my courses as an undergrad at college. In fact, Prison reminds me of a Genet play at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Do prison threads appear on the new posts list? I didn't think they did.

They do indeed thats the only gripe I am really getting like.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

They don't. They appear on the subscribed list though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Something should also be done about posters who end almost every sentence in 'like', like.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

esel wrote:
    Something should also be done about posters who end almost every sentence in 'like', like.

Like what? like

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Sparky-s wrote:
    Like what? like

Banned,like.

Ok your not banned,I pardon you.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement