Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temptation

Options
  • 06-01-2006 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Extremely tempted by this game, though as I am a student I am fearful of the effects it may have on my studies....
    I have just a few questions

How much is the monthly fee?
    What is your average time per session playing?

Many thanks to those who reply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

you can buy pre paid game cards for about 25Euro for two months,
    I just bought a load in the uk for 16 pounds each.

Game play put it this way, i finish work at 4pm get home at 17.00 - start playing at about 17.15 - have a break at 19.30(diner) back playing from 8pm till about 12 depending on location and quest that needs to be done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It' life suckage lvl is unbeleivable.

It has that time machine issue aswell.....8hours feels like 2.

You could play it alot if you were a student.....a hell of alot

Inqui

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

more than likely kiss my masters away:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ahh Masters eh......that makes it all different. No matter whether you feck it up or not you'll still have yer Bachelors anyways. Get playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Yeah, I would definitely wait until after your MA! It will *definitely* affect it in a negative way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Yes seriously... don't buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

sunzz wrote:
    Addictive!

yes verrrrrrrrrrrry verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Addictive game. wait till you finish your masters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Ichiro wrote:
    more than likely kiss my masters away:(

For the love of God... no.... dont buy this game

I think they've put something in the music or something that makes you not able to think about anything else other than WoW.

so study is out the window

think of the children........ dont buy this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I'd be on the don't buy this game bandwagon too. It'll still be around when your exams are over, and infact by then there will be a few other good ones out or in beta for you to drool over. It's more fun to start when everyone is at the same level imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

When you start thinking "Hmm...must log off for awhile and get some RL faction" then you know theres no turning back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

When you start thinking "Hmm...must log off for awhile and get some RL faction" then you know theres no turning back.

i hate that faction...it takes ages to gain rep points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

let me just give you an example of how bad a life sucker this game is.
    I have an essay to do. I had all my christmas holidays to do it and it has to be handed in on tuesday. I only started it today, and that was at 3 because i was playing in the morning. Like you i am doing a master's so once the term starts again im going to have to kick this game out the window.

buhahahahaha like thats gonna happen! **** the horde!

erm yes. It's a great game. Buy it, IF AND ONLY IF you can limit yourself to play on weekends and if you feel you have to play it during the week, make it at night, play for 2 hours. Set alarms off, and dont stay at home to play it if something social is going on, cos its a slippery slope. Next thing you know you will be still at home at 40 with no friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

This game caused me to do woeful in my leaving cert, I played WoW when I should have studied but tis all in the past now and I have been off the game for about 3 months now. It feels good to breath fresh air again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

It's cancer in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

^^^
    and he loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

buy it! buy it! buy it!!

if im going down im taking as many people with me so i dont feel so bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Thren

It is simultaneously the best thing ever and the worst thing ever to happen to you. I'm an addict, and I'm happy, but the need to play for longer and longer is slowly taking over :D

Advertisement